New technical section at Speedtalk

Anything to do with the electric or hybrid world

Moderator: Team

Newold1
Guru
Guru
New technical section at Speedtalk

Post by Newold1 »

Want to thank Speedtalk for creating a new technical category "Electric & Hybrid Vehicle Tech" =D>

I'll kick this tech section off with some more interesting features and technology that's new about the new Rivian r1t and s1t ,truck and suv models just released in LA

www.teslarati.com/rivian-r1t-r1s-hidden ... -truck-suv
The Older I Get, The Dumber I Get :wink:
hoffman900
HotPass
HotPass
Re: New technical section at Speedtalk

Post by hoffman900 »

Don’t have much to add, but excited to learn!
-Bob
Newold1
Guru
Guru

Post by Newold1 »

That's one of the exciting things about EV technology and happenings. Their ain't no OLD MASTERS in this new industry! We all have a lot to learn! :wink:
The Older I Get, The Dumber I Get :wink:
PackardV8
Guru
Guru

Post by PackardV8 »

Newold1 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:59 am That's one of the exciting things about EV technology and happenings. Their ain't no OLD MASTERS in this new industry! We all have a lot to learn! :wink:
The downside is the unit sales are still so few, there aren't enough trained tech at the dealerships. Neither the tech or the owners are always sure what is normal expected behavior and what maybe isn't.

Another major lack as of 2019 is hard information on the batteries; lifespan, charge strategies, fast-vs-slow charge, and the level of safe discharge. From what I'm reading, the OEMs want EVs to seem easy and idiot-proof, no learning curve required. Thus, most just say, "Plug, un-plug, go; nothing to worry about here."

However, most of the buyers are early-adapter-super-geeks who want in-depth knowledge and when that's lacking, will piece together details which may not be inter-related and make assumptions which might not be correct. (In other words, just the internet, but smarter guys talking smack.)
Jack Vines
Studebaker-Packard V8 Limited
Obsolete Engineering