bridgeport valve seat options / recomdations tooling

NOT ALLOWED: Selling or reselling in a retail manner.

Moderator: Team

Carnut1
Guru
Guru

Re: bridgeport valve seat options / recomdations tooling

Post by Carnut1 »

gunt wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:19 am Carnut1 , can you post a link or full name of the company , i'm no getting it :(

Cheers
Sorry, I couldn't find it either. I will let John know about this thread. Thanks, Charlie
Servedio Cylinder Head Development
631-816-4911
9:00am - 9:00pm EST
jcisworthy
HotPass
HotPass

Post by jcisworthy »

Sorry I haven't been on here a lot.
I have a complete kit to turn your mill into a seat and guide machine. Most efficient one out there and very friendly. Fast and simple to go from milling to head work or resurfacing etc

Contact me at 518-915-3205 or rbjracing1@gmail.com
John
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

Post by ProPower engines »

gunt wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:25 am And whats the general view on these , apart from the clamping on the valve stem

http://www.newaytoolsales.com/refacers.htm
They suck to get a real nice valve job with. Too many tiny pieces to use and just about all they are good for is doing a half assed job.
Any one that tries to do custom head work that uses that system is just wasting their time and money when there
is better tooling available.

Sorry for the rant but I was one of those that wasted time and money many years ago when the new way stuff 1st came out
and while I did get the complete set up I may have used it 5-6 times and was not happy with the results at all and sold it all at a loss and got a new machine and related tooling to get the jobs done right.
Real Race Cars Don't Have Doors
gunt
Expert
Expert

Post by gunt »

that was my thoughts , but mixed up the names and was scratching my head trying to figure out why this would be recommended , as i used this system 20yrs ago in training , and that's why i asked here as i dont have the funds to waste the money would be better spent else where .

Cheers
scotts439

Post by scotts439 »

Look at Pete Graves CPmotorworks head fixture, and get the goodson 3D fastcut setup and you will be in business!!
gunt
Expert
Expert

Post by gunt »

any advice welcome ,
on 4 valve heads , and starting from fresh with not a clue on where to start any recommendations on cutters to buy from the NEWEN catalog would be greatly appreciated , or advice on angle dimensions sizes , cheers