Engine Masters 2019

Tech questions that don't fit above forums

Moderator: Team

Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Re: Engine Masters 2019

Post by Walter R. Malik »

I guess that no one else in that contest is a member at SpeedTalk ...
Or, they think their combination is so unique that they want to keep it a secret. :roll:
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.
czar racing

Post by czar racing »

My apologies for a late response, I have not been on the computer in a while. I was accepted with a 327 SBC.

Chris Pelczar
Joe-71
Pro
Pro

Post by Joe-71 »

Has anyone had ANY communications with EMC as of late? ANYTHING? Some updates would be appreciated about who is in the competition, what fuel will be used for sure, any rule changes, or updates. Joe-71
Joe-71
Mummert
Expert
Expert

Post by Mummert »

Has anyone got a confirmation on wether or not the heat cross over in the exhaust ports can be filled?
Mummert Machine and Development 4 stroke hp
Mummert Y-blocks
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Mummert wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:55 pm Has anyone got a confirmation on wether or not the heat cross over in the exhaust ports can be filled?
The rules never specifically addressed this so, they certainly do not say you can't, as long as it does not extend into a port.
gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket »

Mummert wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:55 pm Has anyone got a confirmation on wether or not the heat cross over in the exhaust ports can be filled?
Sometimes it's better not to ask... you could get an answer you don't want.

Filling the heat crossover is not welding, brazing or epoxy... at least that's the way I interpret it.

I don't think NHRA adds that volume when a port is CC'd
Mummert
Expert
Expert

Post by Mummert »

Looks like GT260 sunoco is gonna be the fuel. I think the same as last year.
Mummert Y-blocks
Carroll
Pro
Pro

Post by Carroll »

How’s everyone’s build coming along? I’m having my usual withdrawals again. Joe C
midnightbluS10
Expert
Expert

Post by midnightbluS10 »

Walter R. Malik wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:16 am I guess that no one else in that contest is a member at SpeedTalk ...
Or, they think their combination is so unique that they want to keep it a secret. :roll:
What's with your dislike of EMC? And yes, I realize you still participate, even with your obvious dislike of the competition and everything about it. Every year, it's always something. You complain about everything they do every year. Why even get involved if you're just going to bitch and complain and be stressed out about it?
JC -

bigjoe1 wrote:By the way, I had a long talk with Harold(Brookshire) last year at the PRI show. We met at the airport and he told me everything he knew about everything.It was a nice visit. JOE SHERMAN RACING
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

midnightbluS10 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:50 am
Walter R. Malik wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:16 am I guess that no one else in that contest is a member at SpeedTalk ...
What's with your dislike of EMC? And yes, I realize you still participate, even with your obvious dislike of the competition and everything about it. Every year, it's always something. You complain about everything they do every year. Why even get involved if you're just going to bitch and complain and be stressed out about it?
I don't dislike the EMC at all, there are some things which should be improved and I also just relay some of the things people tell me but, are not gonna say it themselves.
Are you one of those secretive entries ...? Where is your entry ...? Let's hear about it. Oh, you're not involved with one ...?
midnightbluS10
Expert
Expert

Post by midnightbluS10 »

Never said I was. So pointing that out means absolutely NOTHING. I can be a viewer. Im allowed to comment on threads in this forum. Not being involved doesn't change that one bit =D> don't get mad at me because you're a cranky old man lmao
JC -

bigjoe1 wrote:By the way, I had a long talk with Harold(Brookshire) last year at the PRI show. We met at the airport and he told me everything he knew about everything.It was a nice visit. JOE SHERMAN RACING
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

midnightbluS10 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:14 am Never said I was. So pointing that out means absolutely NOTHING. I can be a viewer. Im allowed to comment on threads in this forum. Not being involved doesn't change that one bit =D> don't get mad at me because you're a cranky old man lmao
There you go again; I am not mad about you or anyone who wishes to keep their engine secret. :P In fact, I am facetiously laughing at that choice.
I am just pointing out the reality and that you don't know what you're talking about. #-o
It seems to me that you are the agitated one here.
Joe-71
Pro
Pro

Post by Joe-71 »

Just about ready for initial mock-up, square decking, cc'ing, and piston to valve clearances, etc. 292 Y Block +.060, iron heads, intake undecided until dyno testing. Long wait on valves, pistons, but they're here now. Eaton-Craine
Joe-71
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Joe-71 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:43 pm Just about ready for initial mock-up, square decking, cc'ing, and piston to valve clearances, etc. 292 Y Block +.060, iron heads, intake undecided until dyno testing. Long wait on valves, pistons, but they're here now. Eaton-Craine
Personally, I think this year's "Early Iron" class will be the closest from 1 through 6 that ever was. Maybe even farther back.
Mummert
Expert
Expert

Post by Mummert »

Our project is coming good. The block is pretty ready to go. Most of the hard parts are in. The valve train has probably given me the most fits. If someone knows of an LS style exhaust valve that does not have a 25* degree tulip I'm all ears. Right now its a mix match- o-rama.
Mummert Y-blocks