Need input on this cam breakage

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

bentvalves
Expert
Expert
Re: Need input on this cam breakage

Post by bentvalves »

"I told the driver " I think you guys got a little rough with this one" he said I've seen worse."

LOL

Belgian1979
Guru
Guru

Post by Belgian1979 »

I think the shipping companies hiring policies stink.
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Post by CamKing »

hoodeng wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:11 pm Here's a box that arrived here, the slot was the perfect shape of a fork lift tine
Back in the early 90's, before I had a laptop, I shipped one of my computers to the Cincinnati, for the PRI trade show.
When I got to the show, the box was in my booth, with a hole in the side, where they ran the fork-lift thru it.
UPS ended up paying for it, but it took about 6 months to get paid.
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
http://www.jonescams.com
Jones Cam Designs' HotPass Vendors Forum: viewforum.php?f=44
(704)489-2449
hoodeng
HotPass
HotPass

Post by hoodeng »

Wow Mike, they are still using the same reimbursement method today!! Who would have thought a model from 1990 would still have application now?

Cheers.
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Post by CamKing »

hoodeng wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:58 pm Wow Mike, they are still using the same reimbursement method today!! Who would have thought a model from 1990 would still have application now?

Cheers.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it, and if it is broke, don't fix it either.
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
(704)489-2449
Lizardracing
Pro
Pro

Post by Lizardracing »

CamKing wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:21 pm Wow. Broke in the middle of a lobe. Someone working in the shipping department has been eating his Wheaties.
When we ship a cam, it's bagged, then tightly wrapped in corrugated paper, then tightly put into a heavy walled box, and both ends are stuffed with paper, to keep the cam from moving around.
Wit hall that we go through, UPS still breaks a couple of cams a year, for us.
But then how many people throw away the cam card hidden in there like a prize in a Cracker Jack box?
One that I know of. Lol
hoodeng
HotPass
HotPass

Post by hoodeng »

Classic example of 'How do you want your parts treated?' one shot is how a job arrived ,bubble wrap random in a box of parts that all have feature surfaces banging together sliding around in the back of a ute un-tethered, guy delivering said it was no problem as he was driving carefully!! i dont think he saw what i was getting at.
Other shot is of how it was returned , shot is my insurance if he returns it with any surface damage,, they cant blame my packaging.

Cheers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
modok
Guru
Guru

Post by modok »

My father had a big guitar amp shipped, there was a small hole in the box, opened it up and there was a golf club through the speaker.
I bought a pair of torsion bars and received only one, had the sudden thought..... were they sold each? no, should have been two. Package was about half the weight when it arrived as when it shipped.
Broken cams, also had a cam escape the box, was a BIG box with many parts in it, cam BUSTED out the side, you have to wonder where the stuff ends up? Stuck in somebody elses speaker perhaps.

Common theme is LONg heavy metal object, it was in a round tube and/or busted out of the box.
Maybe it is better to use a square box, not the round tubes.
round peg in a square hole as they say.
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Post by CamKing »

Lizardracing wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:41 pm
But then how many people throw away the cam card hidden in there like a prize in a Cracker Jack box?
One that I know of. Lol
Well, we used to put the cam card with the invoice, on the outside of the box.
My customers that were larger companies, didn't like that, because when the cam came in to their shipping department, the invoice and cam card went to their accounting department, and the cam went to their engine shop.
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
(704)489-2449