LS3 Carbed build

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

CGT
Guru
Guru
Re: LS3 Carbed build

Post by CGT »

Orr89rocz wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:41 pm Believe i seen a 416 stroked ls3 with ported ls3 heads make 812 hp with cid intake. Solid roller 7800 rpm
I mean its definitely possible for sure. A 15° sbc would easily smoke a 15° LS, but for using factory heads....how can you complain. Its fun seeing what you can get out of O.E stuff, I've tried to keep as much of it as possible, at least at first. I recently saw a 402 LS carbed with 243 cathedrals on the dyno I frequently use and I was really impressed by it.

Hell if you just listen to the internet. I shouldn't have wasted all my time. I should have just left it in one piece and turbo'd it....1200hp just like that :lol:

Do you remember where you saw the 416 you mentioned?
Orr89rocz
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Orr89rocz »

It was a grudge motor with top end/valvetrain done by bret bauer. Posted on a facebook group or page i think.

Now i havent researched it much but it was the best power i seen from oem casting ls3 head na
Elroy
Pro
Pro

Post by Elroy »

CGT
Guru
Guru

Post by CGT »

That's a very comprehensive test. It appears to me they were experiencing some dyno issues but either didn't know it, or didn't write about it. If an engine I had been dynoing a day or two suddenly picked up 15ftlbs or so...I'd be questioning something besides ring seal.

Anyway all the numbers in general seem optimistic, but the fact that they did that much testing, and tried to keep things controlled is really cool. Its at least interesting to see the different manifolds effect on the shape of the power curves regardless of numbers. I also like that the CID manifold did so well....since I happen to own one :lol: . Very interesting article for sure.
midnightbluS10
Expert
Expert

Post by midnightbluS10 »

CGT wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:11 pm
Orr89rocz wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:41 pm Believe i seen a 416 stroked ls3 with ported ls3 heads make 812 hp with cid intake. Solid roller 7800 rpm
I mean its definitely possible for sure. A 15° sbc would easily smoke a 15° LS, but for using factory heads....how can you complain. Its fun seeing what you can get out of O.E stuff, I've tried to keep as much of it as possible, at least at first. I recently saw a 402 LS carbed with 243 cathedrals on the dyno I frequently use and I was really impressed by it.

Hell if you just listen to the internet. I shouldn't have wasted all my time. I should have just left it in one piece and turbo'd it....1200hp just like that :lol:

Do you remember where you saw the 416 you mentioned?
It ought to be more than 1200 lol. They made that with a 4.8L
JC -

bigjoe1 wrote:By the way, I had a long talk with Harold(Brookshire) last year at the PRI show. We met at the airport and he told me everything he knew about everything.It was a nice visit. JOE SHERMAN RACING
CGT
Guru
Guru

Post by CGT »

midnightbluS10 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:47 pm It ought to be more than 1200 lol. They made that with a 4.8L
Oh that's right! So...1200/4.8=250hp per litre. 250*6.2=1550 internet hp per litre.
Rowdy Yates

Post by Rowdy Yates »

Yeah that's my friend Flyin...got the same factory Chris Frank stg1 heads. On YB was off 2 hp with the hydraulic roller and told him 800 with the solid roller before the purchase. Even offered my Bushed morel lifters and SR cam to get a 8 second pass. Flyin told me to wait and he'd get to a SR. I did and he got 800hp with a 8 second pass. I've Got all the spec's, not to much more than what I've got now.

It's me Dark Matter on YB and Smokey B on Ls1tech. Custom Darin Morgan Ls7 heads for a small bore. 2.20/ 1.55 valves. You know me.
202ci EH

Post by 202ci EH »

Rowdy Yates wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:40 pm Yeah that's my friend Flyin...got the same factory Chris Frank stg1 heads. On YB was off 2 hp with the hydraulic roller and told him 800 with the solid roller before the purchase. Even offered my Bushed morel lifters and SR cam to get a 8 second pass. Flyin told me to wait and he'd get to a SR. I did and he got 800hp with a 8 second pass. I've Got all the spec's, not to much more than what I've got now.

It's me Dark Matter on YB and Smokey B on Ls1tech. Custom Darin Morgan Ls7 heads for a small bore. 2.20/ 1.55 valves. You know me.
Cringe....

https://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/show ... ?t=2539297

Brett nearly bumped 900 on this, serious piece for factory parts.
Rowdy Yates

Post by Rowdy Yates »

I guess ...lol 16.1 compression and a donkey dick cam with a lq4 with a bore size that looks like a Ls7.

Damn lq4 LS design ....talked to Darin M. today he's now with Mast Motorsports...kick'em when they've thought they won.

Mast has been at the top of the LS food chain for some time now...Update version 2.0 Cary was version 1. Horace did the deal of the yr.

All engines are the same ....it just wants what's seen or observed @ the piston. Give it fuel and ignition ... feel the breeze. Looking for results of the Challenge.. Greg & Eric* won last yr. Friends with Sam tech supposed to also be in it and a student has a Ls for the EMC that's nice. My builder is Zach LS nos EMC winner. Does resleeve's and such. Seen Zach CNC a gen 4 dod LS block with the rails in the valley. He cuts them makes lifter windows as with any lsx style block. The gen4 with the rails in the valley are window-less. Bushed the lifters bores and a 4.185 resleeve. Zach loves a Coyote. Resleeve them also.
Rowdy Yates

Post by Rowdy Yates »

Trying to get this lsx block with a 60mm cam bore. Guy cracked a cylinder and he lost the mains. All can be fixed. Sleeve and ls9 mains problem Solved, ls1tech, me and Zach. Sleeve it to + .210 ....swap parts.

408 needs small stuff water pump and coils. Also Shawn's (SamTech) been busy to mill my heads... again Small stuff, geometry is spot on with Eric's Ls3 rocker arm scheme. Comp cams 1.8 adj rockers with 7/16 stud with girdle. Eric's Smart. Going for 13+ on corn. Chris Frank heads and a self ported SV 4500 with spacer for added plenum. Still need to get to my Darin ls7 heads.
CGT
Guru
Guru

Post by CGT »

Rowdy Yates wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:40 pm Yeah that's my friend Flyin...got the same factory Chris Frank stg1 heads. On YB was off 2 hp with the hydraulic roller and told him 800 with the solid roller before the purchase. Even offered my Bushed morel lifters and SR cam to get a 8 second pass. Flyin told me to wait and he'd get to a SR. I did and he got 800hp with a 8 second pass. I've Got all the spec's, not to much more than what I've got now.

Rowdy Yates wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:56 pm I guess ...lol 16.1 compression and a donkey dick cam with a lq4 with a bore size that looks like a Ls7.

Damn lq4 LS design ....talked to Darin M. today he's now with Mast Motorsports...kick'em when they've thought they won.

Mast has been at the top of the LS food chain for some time now...Update version 2.0 Cary was version 1. Horace did the deal of the yr.

All engines are the same ....it just wants what's seen or observed @ the piston. Give it fuel and ignition ... feel the breeze. Looking for results of the Challenge.. Greg & Eric* won last yr. Friends with Sam tech supposed to also be in it and a student has a Ls for the EMC that's nice. My builder is Zach LS nos EMC winner. Does resleeve's and such. Seen Zach CNC a gen 4 dod LS block with the rails in the valley. He cuts them makes lifter windows as with any lsx style block. The gen4 with the rails in the valley are window-less. Bushed the lifters bores and a 4.185 resleeve. Zach loves a Coyote. Resleeve them also.
Rowdy Yates wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:17 pm Trying to get this lsx block with a 60mm cam bore. Guy cracked a cylinder and he lost the mains. All can be fixed. Sleeve and ls9 mains problem Solved, ls1tech, me and Zach. Sleeve it to + .210 ....swap parts.

408 needs small stuff water pump and coils. Also Shawn's (SamTech) been busy to mill my heads... again Small stuff, geometry is spot on with Eric's Ls3 rocker arm scheme. Comp cams 1.8 adj rockers with 7/16 stud with girdle. Eric's Smart. Going for 13+ on corn. Chris Frank heads and a self ported SV 4500 with spacer for added plenum. Still need to get to my Darin ls7 heads.
What does this shit even mean? I can't read and make sense of it. Do you have something technical to add to this thread? If not can you kindly "peace out". :D
Warp Speed
Guru
Guru

Post by Warp Speed »

CGT wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:43 am

Rowdy Yates wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:56 pm I guess ...lol 16.1 compression and a donkey dick cam with a lq4 with a bore size that looks like a Ls7.

Rowdy Yates wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:17 pm Trying to get this lsx block with a 60mm cam bore. Guy cracked a cylinder and he lost the mains. All can be fixed. Sleeve and ls9 mains problem Solved, ls1tech, me and Zach. Sleeve it to + .210 ....swap parts.

What does this shit even mean? I can't read and make sense of it. Do you have something technical to add to this thread? If not can you kindly "peace out". :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Rowdy Yates

Post by Rowdy Yates »

Guy spoke of with the 800 hp 418..I know the guy and the build. I Was looking @ a cracked sleeved 60mm cam bearing lsx block, that we thought we could fix, but got a text yesterday it had more problems than it was worth. Btw peace to you also.
n2xlr8n
Expert
Expert

Post by n2xlr8n »

CGT wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:43 am What does this shit even mean? I can't read and make sense of it. Do you have something technical to add to this thread? If not can you kindly "peace out". :D
I read fairly well and still can't make sense of it. :lol:

Somehow I think I'll get by.
He who is in me is greater than he who is in the world.
CGT
Guru
Guru

Post by CGT »

n2xlr8n wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:25 pm I read fairly well and still can't make sense of it.
ah hah you got me :lol: