General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

ou812
HotPass
HotPass

Re: Dart 180 cc alloy head as cast

Post by ou812 »

SpeierRacingHeads wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:55 am
Elroy wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:58 pm Well this is all new to me but.//information is good///its free information on the internet from what im seeing at my age but be careful what you absorb and attempt to transfer to your project//use to be word of mouth///its your job to decipher and take from the results given to you////examples given of "205" heads despite math suggesting otherwise///makes it hard for comparisons////confusing to me why lie being old school.///good info on the net but be careful of marketing /nothing has changed still deliberate disinformation////up to you if you wanna use previous examples to wade through the politics..
Im old and a retired analyst so to speak//. In my career pointing out falsehoods and disinformation was a daily duty//. its come to me quickly that the internet hasn't just given voice to good examples with facts///but also bad. same shit different venue//. People are people/ follow the money, doesnt even have to be alot of it.
Are you still whining about my cylinder head?

I told you I'd send you one, I'm not really hiding something. I can read..

better yet, come see me... MO isn't that far.
I'm pretty sure I measured one of the intake ports of Chad's "205" head and it was within 1cc of advertised....and made GREAT power on a 383 chevy we did.
Brian Hafliger
IMM Engine & Dyno

http://www.immengines.com
http://www.neilhepburn.com
digger
Guru
Guru

Post by digger »

CGT wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:13 pm
zums wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:02 pm and can keep up with piston demand on the first half of the stroke, my opinion is you just destroyed any ability to gain 100 + VE ABC
So this scenario would create less depression on the second half of the stroke at and around BDC? Am I interpreting that right?
i guess depends what you mean by depression at BDC as the cylinder pressure at BDC could be at or higher than atmosphere depending on rpm as the piston is hardly moving. its more about the cylinder filling coming from the inlet pressure wave being higher than whatver the cyinder pressure is. at low rpm the inlet wave is weak so there is reversion after BDC, at high rpm when the enginen is on song the air speed directly affects the amplitude and hence will play a part in determing how long the cylinder will keep fiilling after BDC.
Elroy
Pro
Pro

Post by Elroy »

ou812 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:19 pm
Elroy wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:58 pm Well this is all new to me but.//information is good///its free information on the internet from what im seeing at my age but be careful what you absorb and attempt to transfer to your project//use to be word of mouth///its your job to decipher and take from the results given to you////examples given of "205" heads despite math suggesting otherwise///makes it hard for comparisons////confusing to me why lie being old school.///good info on the net but be careful of marketing /nothing has changed still deliberate disinformation////up to you if you wanna use previous examples to wade through the politics..
Im old and a retired analyst so to speak//. In my career pointing out falsehoods and disinformation was a daily duty//. its come to me quickly that the internet hasn't just given voice to good examples with facts///but also bad. same shit different venue//. People are people/ follow the money, doesnt even have to be alot of it.

I'm pretty sure I measured one of the intake ports of Chad's "205" head and it was within 1cc of advertised....and made GREAT power on a 383 chevy we did.
=D>
SpeierRacingHeads
Vendor

Post by SpeierRacingHeads »

ou812 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:19 pm

Thanks Brian. Nothing worse in this business than being called a liar.

I could post up the cross sections from the digitized port, but I don't need to prove anything.

let me customers do that....
Speier Racing Heads
Chad Speier
785-623-0963
Elroy
Pro
Pro

Post by Elroy »

speierracing i was only trying to help///it would seem obvious that something can't average 2.3 when their is no area smaller than 2.3 but plenty of areas larger//common sense//it does not matter//im pretty sure nobody would be trying to copy that result anyway///and thanks for sending me a 75yr old man what i believe is a threatening private message//
SpeierRacingHeads
Vendor

Post by SpeierRacingHeads »

Elroy wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:22 pm speierracing i was only trying to help///it would seem obvious that something can't average 2.3 when their is no area smaller than 2.3 but plenty of areas larger//common sense//it does not matter//im pretty sure nobody would be trying to copy that result anyway///and thanks for sending me a 75yr old man what i believe is a threatening private message//
"You have a problem?" a threatening message? Thought I would ask since in an earlier post you called me a liar.

Another no name going to run the place into the ground like the last bunch.

Elroy, you win. I have nothing for you other than a customer list and results.
Speier Racing Heads
Chad Speier
785-623-0963