bbc cranks

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

prairiehotrodder
Guru
Guru

bbc cranks

Post by prairiehotrodder »

i have 3 BBC forged cranks that i'm sure are all the 366, 396, 427 variety but they are all a bit different. One is drilled through the front throw, one is not drilled and one is half drilled. One is a 6223 and the other is 622 with the last number missing and one is just 6 and no other numbers. Any help knowing what i have ?
thanks
Brian
The Word of God is quick and powerfull
www.therocketshop.blogspot.com
mag2555
Guru
Guru
Location: Heading for a bang up with Andromeda as we all are.

Re: bbc cranks

Post by mag2555 »

You mean crossdrilled thru the number 1 main, because it sounds like your taking about the rod throw?
You can cut a man's tongue from his mouth, but that does not mean he’s a liar, it just shows that you fear the truth he might speak about you!
prairiehotrodder
Guru
Guru

Post by prairiehotrodder »

a lightening hole on the rod throw.
The Word of God is quick and powerfull
www.therocketshop.blogspot.com
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »

https://www.mortec.com/cranks.htm

6223 is straight forward.

Best bet is to post up several pics of each one for people to ponder. WAG is that the other two are aftermarket.
https://www.semasan.com/breaking-news-archives?utm_campaign=DrivingForce_DF272&utm_content=SeeAllLeg
Ron Miller
Pro
Pro

Post by Ron Miller »

All three cranks you have should have different counterweight shapes-profiles. I handpicked two 396-427 steel cranks awhile back. When I got them home, I looked them over side by side. I noticed both cranks had different counterweight shapes and thicknesses. One crank is 2 lbs lighter than the other. I don't really know what the actual application is for each crank. Hell, one might be a tall deck 427 crank. I'm gonna use them in a few 427 builds.
Ron Miller
mag2555
Guru
Guru
Location: Heading for a bang up with Andromeda as we all are.

Post by mag2555 »

Did the Zl1 427 motors use a non twisted forging unlike all the other motors?
You can cut a man's tongue from his mouth, but that does not mean he’s a liar, it just shows that you fear the truth he might speak about you!