Wow , diesel cars and light diesel vehicles banned in Europe!

Anything to do with the electric or hybrid world

Moderator: Team

Newold1
Guru
Guru
Wow , diesel cars and light diesel vehicles banned in Europe!

Post by Newold1 »

Europe is banning sales and re-registration of car and light duty diesel vehicles as of 2020. To much particulate increases and NOX.

Writing is on the wall here in the US for particulate emissions and NOX emissions that have grown here also! :shock:
The Older I Get, The Dumber I Get :wink:
gruntguru
Guru
Guru
Re: Wow , diesel cars and light diesel vehicles banned in Europe!

Post by gruntguru »

Can you provide more details, a link? I couldn't find any confirmation by Googling.
Newold1
Guru
Guru

Post by Newold1 »

MY bad. I took a piece of information from an article from a reputable magazine source that was overstating what was happening with respect to new diesels not being able to meet the European Tier 6 standards for NOX and particulate emissions and several countries and cities in Europe would not be certifying, registering and allow these diesels to operate in their areas. It was and is still not Europe wide.

The result apparently is now whatever countries and cities want to ban diesel automobile accordingly and do not have to certify them for sale or registration. Most automobile experts in Europe are making statements that the newest diesel engines cannot effectively meet these standards and they feel the "diesel is dead in Europe in General in cars and light duty vehicles.

As it now stands several countries and major cities have stated they will not allow the sale or use of these diesel automobiles in their countries and cities as of 2020 to start. I believe from what I can understand Germany has already issued this edict.

Sorry, I should have been more careful to verify the real scope of this issue and not mention it until the full scope and actual factual information was in the post. :oops:
The Older I Get, The Dumber I Get :wink:
Belgian1979
Guru
Guru

Post by Belgian1979 »

It's not 2020, but 2050. But for new vehicles these green weenies plan it for 2030.
One may wonder where they are going to get their electricity from.
gunt
Expert
Expert

Post by gunt »

they are trying to ban even most modern diesel from city's , but there is a new 0 emission diesel on the way the electric is such a big load of complete lies , combine that with the grants / running cost and depreciation .
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

This will end up just like it is doing in FRANCE as I type!!

pdq67
4vpc
Pro
Pro

Post by 4vpc »

There is no S on the end of RPM.
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

Back again, I wonder how they are going to emergency diesel powered gen-sets like we have here almost everywhere.

Convert them to propane or what?

pdq67
4vpc
Pro
Pro

Post by 4vpc »

They're only banning the sale of cars, everything else will be business as usual. It'll just mark the start of the decline.
No new cars will cause gas stations to close bit by bit....
There is no S on the end of RPM.
gruntguru
Guru
Guru

Post by gruntguru »

pdq67 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:06 pmBack again, I wonder how they are going to emergency diesel powered gen-sets like we have here almost everywhere.
I think you will find they can't build EV's fast enough to outstrip the required expansion in electricity generation. With the transition to renewables there is a lot of new generation capacity being rolled out anyway. If required we can simply delay the retirement of fossil fuel generators to make up any shortfall.
Rick!
Expert
Expert

Post by Rick! »

Newold1 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:52 pm MY bad. I took a piece of information from an article from a reputable magazine source that was overstating what was happening with respect to new diesels not being able to meet the European Tier 6 standards for NOX and particulate emissions and several countries and cities in Europe would not be certifying, registering and allow these diesels to operate in their areas. It was and is still not Europe wide.

The result apparently is now whatever countries and cities want to ban diesel automobile accordingly and do not have to certify them for sale or registration. Most automobile experts in Europe are making statements that the newest diesel engines cannot effectively meet these standards and they feel the "diesel is dead in Europe in General in cars and light duty vehicles.

As it now stands several countries and major cities have stated they will not allow the sale or use of these diesel automobiles in their countries and cities as of 2020 to start. I believe from what I can understand Germany has already issued this edict.

Sorry, I should have been more careful to verify the real scope of this issue and not mention it until the full scope and actual factual information was in the post. :oops:
Stage 5 is just being implemented on Homologated Ag vehicles now and there is already a Stage 6? WhoTF they gonna get to do their farming? The ignorance of the left is beyond comprehension.
gruntguru
Guru
Guru

Post by gruntguru »

Anyone from the right can never comprehend anything coming from the left and vice versa.
gruntguru
Guru
Guru

Post by gruntguru »

exhaustgases wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:23 pm I'm just wondering what they will use for back up power?
Hot air from the right?
Rick!
Expert
Expert

Post by Rick! »

gruntguru wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:40 pm Anyone from the right can never comprehend anything coming from the left and vice versa.
exhaustgases wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:23 pm Yeah we can, the left will trade the gas that supports tree life, for radioactive krypton that is way worse, and lets not forget all the other nasty radioactive crap that will be needed to support the new electrification of the world. I'm just wondering what they will use for back up power?
No internal combustion engines allowed you know. The left believes in pseudo science that is the difference between the two.
gruntguru wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:07 pm
exhaustgases wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:23 pm I'm just wondering what they will use for back up power?
Hot air from the right?
Maybe the trees Elon is cutting down in Germany can be used for backup power and heat... :D
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

Rick! wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:39 pm
Newold1 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:52 pm MY bad. I took a piece of information from an article from a reputable magazine source that was overstating what was happening with respect to new diesels not being able to meet the European Tier 6 standards for NOX and particulate emissions and several countries and cities in Europe would not be certifying, registering and allow these diesels to operate in their areas. It was and is still not Europe wide.

Stage 5 is just being implemented on Homologated Ag vehicles now and there is already a Stage 6? WhoTF they gonna get to do their farming? The ignorance of the left is beyond comprehension.
If I recall right, the EPA TRIED to regulate Farm/Ag produced, "Particulate Emissions"/PM, and it didn't go anywhere..

You know, "field dust", emissions sorta crap!

pdq67