Toyota Racing Development Job Opportunity

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

SchmidtMotorWorks
Vendor

Toyota Racing Development Job Opportunity

Post by SchmidtMotorWorks »

This is a great opportunity for someone that wants to be involved in racing engine development but does not have an advanced degree and or CAD CAM expertise.

Overview

Toyota Racing Development inspires the hearts and minds of racing fans, Toyota team members, customers and the driving public. We are dedicated to advancing automotive engineering and maximizing racetrack success. We partner with the finest race teams and drivers who share our passion and our actions foster an atmosphere of excellence. In our pursuit of becoming the most respected and premier motorsports engineering organization in the world, we are looking for highly motivated applicants for our available positions..

TRD is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Technician in our Engine Measurement Department with an emphasis on Cylinder Heads .
Key Responsibilities
Responsible for qualifying of cams and lifters and Valve springs for race builds and development builds.
Responsible for pre and post running inspection via microscope of cams and lifters.

Qualifications

Required:

High school diploma or GED
High attention to detail with monitoring engine/valve train test cell
5 years minimum experience in a racing engine build environment
Preferred Experience:

Vocational College graduate with an Associate of Science Degree in the automotive, electronics or manufacturing technologies field
Hands on engine, head, and sub-assembly build experience.
Prior successful experience operating an engine/valve train test cell.
Basic Skills:
Physical Work: Experience with handling heavy machine components and materials without causing damage to the equipment or injury to one's self.
Mechanic Skills: Good mechanical aptitude and sensitivity for wrenching on engines and equipment.
T rouble-Shooting Skills: Ability to apply knowledge of automotive systems and components to diagnose engine problems.
Workshop Skills: Experienced with common mechanic and metalworking shop equipment and operational techniques.
Industrial Hardware Knowledge: Experience selecting and applying fasteners, fittings, materials and components common to our industry.
Co mputer Skills

Proficient in MS Office products - Excel, Word, Outlook,
AVL Puma systems
Physical Requirement

Everyday ability to pull or push at least 100 lbs. – force.
Everyday ability to lift and manipulate at least 30 lbs. above shoulders.
Standing-Frequent/Intermittent Up to 3 hours per day
Sitting- Frequent/Intermittent Up to 6 hours a day

Standard Benefits:

Comprehensive health care & wellness plans
Paid holidays and paid time off
Vehicle Purchase and Lease programs
Tuition assistance
Retirement Plans: 401k and Toyota Retirement Contribution

https://www.recruit.net/job/technician- ... alent+link
Helping to Deliver the Promise of Flying Cars
cgarb
Guru
Guru

Re: Toyota Racing Development Job Opportunity

Post by cgarb »

California....Why!?!....dang it. I would be all in for a job like that if it wasn't on the other coast. Not sure if I would be chosen or not, but I sure would try if the money was right.
JoePorting
Guru
Guru

Post by JoePorting »

They need to include an apartment for living in Costa Mesa. Better yet, they should move to Las Vegas or NC.
Joe Facciano
SchmidtMotorWorks
Vendor

JoePorting wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:23 am They need to include an apartment for living in Costa Mesa. Better yet, they should move to Las Vegas or NC.
They will have plenty of applications.
Geoff2
Guru
Guru

Post by Geoff2 »

Why is the job advertised here? Is it in Wuhan...
hoffman900
HotPass
HotPass

Post by hoffman900 »

Because someone may have those skills and wants that job?

You guys are ridiculous.
-Bob
Stan Weiss
Vendor

Post by Stan Weiss »

IMO while some people here might be interested in this job, it provides no Engine Tech and so should be in the General Tech Section.

Stan
Stan Weiss/World Wide Enterprises
Offering Performance Software Since 1987
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/carfor.htm
David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
SchmidtMotorWorks
Vendor

Geoff2 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:23 am Why is the job advertised here? Is it in Wuhan...
I posted it here because I thought some people here might be interested that wouldn't otherwise know about it.

It is standard practice to advertise for a position, even if you already have people that want the job. It prevents nepotism and gets a wider selection of candidates.

When I worked at Honda on the Indy engine program the number of the fax machine to got into a magazine. It ran out of paper everyday with people sending in resumes (no job was advertised). Many of them were from engineers with Ivy League educations offering to work for free just to get that experience.

With regards to why a business locates in a high-cost location; notice that most companies that need the best talent to succeed are located in high-cost areas.
You might ask yourself, "why are so many high-tech start-ups like Tesla in San Francisco?", The answer is; that is where the most highly talented people they need want to live.
SchmidtMotorWorks
Vendor

Stan Weiss wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:09 pm IMO while some people here might be interested in this job, it provides no Engine Tech and so should be in the General Tech Section.

Stan
Where no one here will read or benefit from it before it is too late.
FC-Pilot
HotPass
HotPass

Post by FC-Pilot »

I have a friend that runs a dyno for them over there. Not a bad gig. If it was in AZ I would apply in a heart beat. Thanks for posting as I would not have seen it otherwise.

Paul
"It's a fine line between clever and stupid." David St. Hubbins
JoePorting
Guru
Guru

Post by JoePorting »

SchmidtMotorWorks wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:13 pm
Geoff2 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:23 am Why is the job advertised here? Is it in Wuhan...
I posted it here because I thought some people here might be interested that wouldn't otherwise know about it.

It is standard practice to advertise for a position, even if you already have people that want the job. It prevents nepotism and gets a wider selection of candidates.

When I worked at Honda on the Indy engine program the number of the fax machine to got into a magazine. It ran out of paper everyday with people sending in resumes (no job was advertised). Many of them were from engineers with Ivy League educations offering to work for free just to get that experience.

With regards to why a business locates in a high-cost location; notice that most companies that need the best talent to succeed are located in high-cost areas.
You might ask yourself, "why are so many high-tech start-ups like Tesla in San Francisco?", The answer is; that is where the most highly talented people they need want to live.
I always figured that the reason most tech companies are in LA and SF is because that's where all the CEO's live.
Joe Facciano
dannobee
Expert
Expert

Post by dannobee »

The reason most of the tech companies are in the Bay Area is because that's where the venture capital firms are located. Without seed capital, they wouldn't even get off the ground.
Sand Hill Road money funded a LOT of the tech giants that we all know today. The reason that the VC firms are located on Sand Hill Road was because of their history as the traitorous eight who left Shockley semiconductor and formed Fairchild semiconductor, including Eugene Kleiner, who started Kleiner Perkins and Gordon Moore (from Moore's law fame).
cv67
Guru
Guru

Post by cv67 »

Right up my alley, Id love this. Wont be doing anything with a busted back though .Watching opps pass by-
Hope you find the right guy.
SchmidtMotorWorks
Vendor

cv67 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:24 pm Right up my alley, Id love this. Wont be doing anything with a busted back though .Watching opps pass by-
Hope you find the right guy.
Your back is actually broken?
408swinger
HotPass
HotPass

Post by 408swinger »

This is a huge opportunity for someone !
Getting your foot in the door and developing relationships with people of position is a big deal .

How many engineers dream of actually working in the performance group instead of designing a switch in a cubicle ?