Anyone used the Blueprint Engines SBC Aluminum heads

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

bosco
Anyone used the Blueprint Engines SBC Aluminum heads

Post by bosco »

Wondering if anyone has used the Blueprint Engines SBC Chevy Aluminum heads on a street performance build (400 HP or so) and how they fared for performance and quality ?
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

Re: Anyone used the Blueprint Engines SBC Aluminum heads

Post by ProPower engines »

Maybe hard to say in this day and age of copy cat parts.
the off shore crowd sells head castings to anyone that wants to place a min. order.
They will engrave them how ever you want as well for a small extra fee per set.

Where I am going is without knowing which supplier they came from for sure its hard to tell what the quality is or how bad it is.
A couple years ago I had a run of heads made by the factory that does the performance world heads.
For an entry level head they were fine as for a basic street head they should work fine as well.

There is many vendors on ebay that sell these heads but if you contact Chad Speier on here he can enlighten you further.
He had done the same thing and sells a decent entry level head

Here's an email address you can try to check out. Its from an earlier post a few years back
andrew@blueprintengines.com.

Also dieselgeek A ST MEMBER on here claims they use their products with good success message him and get the 411..
Real Race Cars Don't Have Doors
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

Post by ProPower engines »

Or go here and check them out
https://blueprintengines.com/collections/cylinder-heads
Sales: 800-483-4263 | Service: 308-236-1072
That should about cover any questions about how to get the info you may need.
Real Race Cars Don't Have Doors
bosco

Post by bosco »

ProPower engines wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:15 am Or go here and check them out
https://blueprintengines.com/collections/cylinder-heads
Sales: 800-483-4263 | Service: 308-236-1072
That should about cover any questions about how to get the info you may need.
Good info, thanks for the reply
Bill Chase
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Bill Chase »

They list cam specs, head basic parameters, and pretty detailed shortblock info, as well as carb, intake, timing, and headers used for dyno pulls.. you should be able to get an idea of what they are capable of by looking at the power curve.

Their muscle series heads intrigued me and I asked a question about minimum cross section and all the sudden I heard crickets and tumbleweeds blowing down the corridor.. so my guess is they do not have a clue. Even asked their lead warranty tech Ken. And he had no comment, so either he doesn't know, or it is proprietary. He is a racer, a good guy, and in speaking with him.. if he had the Info, I am sure he would have told me.

But for 900 or less a set, I can say I haven't heard a single reliability problem with them, worst I've heard is geometry off and cheap rockers used. But with the bargain basement prices for a 450hp 383 that they charge.. you really cannot expect top shelf parts throughout.

I bought their BP3834 shortblock, and can say I was pleasantly surprised with the build quality, for a street car that will not see the high side of 6300 shift points.. its definitely not junk, and uses decent heavy rods, a new crank, and speed pro H859CP40 pistons.