dyno question

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

BCjohnny
Guru
Guru

Re: dyno question

Post by BCjohnny »

This looks like a very cost effective way to get DAQ done, I guess there may be others

Anyone any experience with it, customer support and configuring the PID to drive the brake .....?
BCjohnny
Guru
Guru

Post by BCjohnny »

Been doing a fair bit of research and the YourDyno system looks a very cost effective way to control various types of brake, including hydraulic

With regard to an eddy current retarder (Telma etc) you basically use the YD box to control a high current ITGB rectifier bridge drive to power up the brake, sweeps & steady state etc

The ITGB I'll build myself, there are various ways to do it, and configure the load cell / speed sensor

Fair to say it's an ongoing project (I have no affiliation), but it's quite advanced and the way I'll go, I should have something workable by the end of the year, hopefully

Guy who runs it is in Norway, and very, very helpful ..... top bloke =D>

YD control box is $800, free software updates ...... I'm budgeting just $60 to build the ITGB drive, and maybe $80 for the load cell & speed sensor per brake

Steel is coming Monday and I'm just about to start rebuilding the Telmas
Belgian1979
Guru
Guru

Post by Belgian1979 »

I went to see the second brake I had my eye on but despite it being advertised as a CC300 it turned out to be either a CC270 and CC250. For direct connection to the axles I would need to similar brakes, so I'll have to revert to building the rolling road dyno.
I'm not the phase of the electronics behind it. Currently waiting on the parts to rebuild my brake. Some things cannot be ordered so it's going to be a bit more difficult than anticipated.