what i have been doing during isolation

Shocks, Springs, Brakes, Frame, Body Work, etc

Moderator: Team

hoodeng
HotPass
HotPass

Re: what i have been doing during isolation

Post by hoodeng »

Workshop floors painted. Shows up everything else that needs a spit polish, now to sterilize the rest.

Cheers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BCjohnny
Guru
Guru

Post by BCjohnny »

Not my usual fayre but ......

Just putting the last slideway guard back on a 'cheap' Hurco CNC mill my mate bought at auction, non-runner, X axis kaput

Took about five hours to suss it out, but it's ok now ..... and coming in at less than a third of it's saleable value door to door, matey's more than happy

Now .... where did I put those drawings of parts I need making ..... lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
af2
Guru
Guru

Post by af2 »

I see a new board coming!! Been busy with HVAC and bringing the Chassis to a 7.50 spec. Thought it would be a piece of cake but after 20' of 1 5/8" and 20' of 1 1/2" and 10' of 1 and 20' of 1/2" I think we are ready to certify.. Going from a sportsman 8.50 to a 7.50 is a trip in a small car like my 33 Willys. There is no room to make it like the SFI papers want it with flat X bars and such. So we improvised and have plenty to get certified for 7.50. Could even be advanced et if the frame was chrome molly but it is .120" mild. Car ran C/Gas until the first race when the 15 year old 377 lost it's guts after 14 years. Ran 9.50's at 140ish. New 403 with everything I can throw at it this year and should run B/Gas with no problem. Lots of pics If you want more let me know.
GURU is only a name.
Adam
af2
Guru
Guru

Post by af2 »

Try again with chassis picks.. Oh I am also having with my son's help make a timing cover for a raised cam sbc that will accept a chain drive with the fuel pump drive in front!! Guinea pig? Don't care! We will make it right!
GURU is only a name.
Adam
af2
Guru
Guru

Post by af2 »

RCD is the ones that are making it happen I have to say They are just awesome people you could ever meet!!!
GURU is only a name.
Adam
af2
Guru
Guru

Post by af2 »

OK Chassis if I can find....
GURU is only a name.
Adam
af2
Guru
Guru

Post by af2 »

Chassis? LOL
GURU is only a name.
Adam