Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass
Re: License To Carry in Texas - Renewal

Post by Kevin Johnson »

enigma57 wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:41 am Its a hassle dealing with all this redtape Allen, but if I can carry legally I'd prefer to do it that way.

Best regards,

Harry
Maybe they will let do a DNA test to avoid this hassle in the future.
Driving Force Online: BREAKING NEWS—Ohio Governor Signs SEMA-Supported Vehicle Freedom Bill Into Law!
enigma57
Guru
Guru

Post by enigma57 »

:shock: Now that's a scary thought, Kevin!

Best regards,

Harry
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »

enigma57 wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:23 am Image

:shock: Now that's a scary thought, Kevin!

Best regards,

Harry
The sample is drawn as the GPS chip is subdermally injected.

https://www.dallasobserver.com/news/bod ... cs-7909126
Driving Force Online: BREAKING NEWS—Ohio Governor Signs SEMA-Supported Vehicle Freedom Bill Into Law!
enigma57
Guru
Guru

Post by enigma57 »

That guy is weirder than skaditch. But I wouldn't wish a digital angel implant on on anybody. Even if they are crazy enough to want it.

:shock:

Harry
econo racer
Expert
Expert

Post by econo racer »

There is 2 sides to this story- I think he may have been lifting his leg to pee. A characteristic after 70 yrs age :shock: :D I failed the drug pee test I imediateley demanded a blood test which I had to pay $300 for And of courses it was negative.. They said that I was peeing False Positives. The claim that some of your medications can cause test to go nuts. :shock:
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

Harry,

I turned 73 recently and we had a couple of 100 or so degree days along with it.

Dammed near couldn't walk around outside. I have a new hip that was installed several years ago on my left side and it is bothering my walking/riding my bike too!! I kinda, "gimp", around if you know what I mean....

Not fun at all.

I'm waiting for, "The Son of Man", to come back!!

Hang in there guy, we AIN'T gonna get any younger.

pdq67
enigma57
Guru
Guru

Post by enigma57 »

:D Beats the alternative, Paul! Me...... I'm just happy to have woke up alive today.

If you don't mind an old Jew asking, don't you mean the "Son of G-d"? Or have I misunderstood the Christian concept of Jesus all these years? :shock:

Ooops...... Never mind...... I forgot the new unwritten PC posting rules around here. Just send me a PM or an E-mail if you care to discuss it.

Also...... I don't do social media personally, but just the other day, my wife told me about an alternative to the left-biased PC nonsense on social media platforms such as Twitter and Facebook. Its called Parler.com . Check it out if you're into that sort of thing. :D

Best regards,

Harry
Dave Koehler
Vendor

Post by Dave Koehler »

Renewals here in Illinoisistan and Chiraq are months behind. Background checks which normally take no time are also way behind.
Dan Bongino is one of the Parler Investors. https://bongino.com/
Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
Enderle Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Balancing - Nitrous Master software
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
"Never let a race car know that you are in a hurry."
GRTfast
Guru
Guru

Post by GRTfast »

I have a similar problem at the urologist........ :D
Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way. -Hitchens
enigma57
Guru
Guru

Post by enigma57 »

Dave Koehler wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:56 am Renewals here in Illinoisistan and Chiraq are months behind. Background checks which normally take no time are also way behind.
Dan Bongino is one of the Parler Investors. https://bongino.com/
Dave, they gotta be sandbagging you guys. Doesn't take that long. I usually hear from the IndetoGo guys by e-mail the following day each time the FBI rejects my fingerprints because they are worn off and they cannot see them. :shock:

:D Yeah, my wife mentioned Bongino when she told me about the alternative social media site. I don't do social media so will probably never see it unless my wife sends me a link to something of particular interest. Just posted it here so those who do social media can check it out if they want to.

Best regards,

Harry
enigma57
Guru
Guru

Post by enigma57 »

Well...... 100 degrees here early afternoon. In a lot of pain. Sucked it up and drove over to do the fingerprints again.

No go. The guy tried for a good 30 minutes. Couldn't even go through the motions and get the computer to 'capture' an image they could send them in knowing they would be rejected by the FBI. We could see the images on the computer screen but it wouldn't capture them so they could be sent.

So he called his supervisor. She tried a few times, commenting, "Never seen that before!'

Then she looked at me and gingerly touched my wrist. Her eyes got big as saucers and she jumped back and said, "You ain't no haint is you?"

To which I replied, "Well, not that I am aware of!" :shock:

Then she said, "You'll have to try some other place. Maybe use a card (the old style card and ink on fingers routine)."

I'd be OK with that, but I called the state a couple weeks ago and they said I have to have it done by these IdentoGo people at the same place I had it done last month.

Went to the local Precinct Constable's office last week and was told the same thing.

Reckon I'll have to write Senator Cruz and see if he can figure a way for me to get it done.

Bottom line...... Since they couldn't capture my prints on their computer and couldn't send anything to the FBI...... The trip today doesn't count towards the 4 tries they must make before the state would issue my License to Carry renewal. And they wouldn't give me anything in writing that I can take to the state seeking an alternative way to submit my prints to the FBI.

Oh...... Some good news...... When I returned home, I told my wife to touch my wrist. She said it seemed fine. Then I had her go to our bedroom and see if I was in there. She came back and said, "Nope, looks like you're still here, Old Man!" Then I told her what the fingerprint lady had said when she freaked out and thought I might be a haint. :D

Best regards,

Harry
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »

A Haiku

Early summertime
A free, frustrating permit
for the old Walther
enigma57
Guru
Guru

Post by enigma57 »

:D Doumo Arigatou, Kevin! Nicely done.

Best regards,

Harry
enigma57
Guru
Guru

Post by enigma57 »

Well last Thursday, I called the DPS in Austin to ask where else I could go to have my prints taken or if there is an alternative way. Maybe on a board with ink (the old way).

Spent 2 hrs. on the phone. 20 minutes in all talking to 2 very helpful DPS people and the remainder on hold waiting for someone to pick up. Last person I spoke to promised to call me back the following day after talking to their supervisor. Gave them my home phone number and e-mail address. No e-mail. Never called me.

So this morning, I get a call from someone at IdentoGo's headquarters in Illinois. Nice lady. Told me she would give the people at the IdentoGo office where I went twice before some additional training and then I could go have it done again. I asked how long she needed to do the training and she said I could have my prints taken again tomorrow. Guess that 'additional training' might be more along the lines of an arse chewing. Anyway, she set up another appointment for me at 11:30 tomorrow morning. So wish me luck. This going back...... And going back...... And going back...... Is really getting old.

Best regards,

Harry
Dave Koehler
Vendor

Post by Dave Koehler »

Have her phone number on speed dial. Is that still a thing? Use it while you are there if needed. Good luck.
Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
Enderle Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Balancing - Nitrous Master software
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
"Never let a race car know that you are in a hurry."