Calvin Elston exhausts?

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Charliesauto
Pro
Pro
Re: Calvin Elston exhausts?

Post by Charliesauto »

Joe-71 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:54 am Something for nothing world? Quoted me $3500.00 before he even knew what I wanted. Then said I would have to bring car to NC and leave it. Joe-71
We first used Elston's stuff 22 years ago, at that time he had the baddest shit on the planet. His NASCAR CUP headers would outperform everything out there, the workmanship was unreal, and his price was only slightly higher.
Probably been 15 years since we bought anything from him, best I recall a set of Tri-Y's were around $2800 then, hard to believe with inflation he can build them for $3500 today.
You could try Steve @ Profab, I doubt he will be any cheaper, he's a great guy to deal with.
77cruiser
Guru
Guru

Post by 77cruiser »

Jim
tenxal
Expert
Expert

Post by tenxal »

77cruiser wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:43 pmThis guy used to post here, http://www.proheadersystems.com/default.asp
Do your research. Just sayin'..... :wink:

But right where you live, Ben Line makes some really nice headers. =D>
77cruiser
Guru
Guru

Post by 77cruiser »

tenxal wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:05 pm
77cruiser wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:43 pmThis guy used to post here, http://www.proheadersystems.com/default.asp
Do your research. Just sayin'..... :wink:

But right where you live, Ben Line makes some really nice headers. =D>
I know he lives here, didn't know he made headers.
Jim
tenxal
Expert
Expert

Post by tenxal »

77cruiser wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:59 amI know he lives here, didn't know he made headers.
Talented guy...his headers are extremely well done.
https://www.headersbyben.com/
77cruiser
Guru
Guru

Post by 77cruiser »

tenxal wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:30 am
77cruiser wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:59 amI know he lives here, didn't know he made headers.
Yes they are, looks to be real nice.
Jim
motormonkey

Post by motormonkey »

Having done headers and exhaust with pre bends and a manderal bender $3500 for headers is pretty spot on for a semi custom set. Material thats good starts around $1500 for a V8. I've done some sets that have cost $3000 plus just in materiel plus cost with trial by error tuning. That's nothing exotic, just stainless.
Just my two cents on pricing.
77cruiser
Guru
Guru

Post by 77cruiser »

I had over $400 in bends mild steel + the header flanges were about 160 I think 6yrs. ago already.
Jim
Ron E
Guru
Guru

Post by Ron E »

Joe-71 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:54 am Something for nothing world? Quoted me $3500.00 before he even knew what I wanted. Then said I would have to bring car to NC and leave it. Joe-71
He has jigs for a few of the most popular engine/ chassis combinations. Otherwise he needs the car. His headers are worth the money.
gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket »

He obviously has call display
exhausted
Guru
Guru

Post by exhausted »

David Vizard wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:59 am Does anyone know if Calvin Elston is still open. I can't get a reply on his # (704-443-8088)

DV
Still at the same address in Matthews NC.
google voice number is shown in my signature.
Notice I took down my web-site.
Don't need anymore work but still can and am building stuff if someone is persistent enough to get to me and isn't in too much of a hurry.
Calvin Elston
Elston Exhaust
Matthews, NC 28104
346-704-4430
Blog: www.exhausting101.com
EDC
Expert
Expert

Post by EDC »

exhausted wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:59 pm Still at the same address in Matthews NC.
google voice number is shown in my signature.
Notice I took down my web-site.
Don't need anymore work but still can and am building stuff if someone is persistent enough to get to me and isn't in too much of a hurry.
It was a pleasure getting to talk to you again Calvin.

The Coyote Stocker will be heading to you very soon.

Ed
"Quality" is like buying oats. You can pay a fair price for it and get some good quality oats,
or you can get it a hell of a lot cheaper, when it's already been through the horse.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Ed Curtis - www.FlowTechInduction.com
proheader
Pro
Pro

Post by proheader »

I am in the same boat as Calvin.... I will be the first to tell you he is the best header guy on the planet.... AS far as you reading what you like on the internet, its pretty simple, tons of people run my stuff to the point we do it everyday for a living and have three months of work all the time.... Be careful what you read, some people steer you in the wrong direction.... some are plain not worth dealing with and I am sure Calvin and a few other builders will say the same.... pretty simple.... we still do tons of pro stock stuff and our IMCA headers are 22HP better than anything on the planet... Every now and again we get a Chevrolet Performance Racing project so stick with reading the internet or just plain come and find me.... always been in the same place for going on 20 years now....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
77cruiser
Guru
Guru

Post by 77cruiser »

tenxal wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:30 am
I know this is a year old, but I talked with Ben yesterday at a car show here, a guy shamed him into bring his car. He only lives a block away so he drove it over.
Yes he does a nice job from what you can see on a CJ 428. They must have been a nightmare building them. Us Chevy guys have it easy. :wink:
He's a quite nice guy, & I had a long chat with him.
Jim
In-Tech
Vendor

Post by In-Tech »

dfarr67 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:17 am
Sounds like he doesn't want need the work.
I go months at a time NOT answering the phone, occasionally calling relatives and others I care for. Good on ya Calvin, thanks for the help years past =D>
Heat is energy, energy is horsepower...but you gotta control the heat.
-Carl