Rocker stud question

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

cgarb
Guru
Guru

Rocker stud question

Post by cgarb »

If you run a girdle with 3/8 rocker studs would that be acceptable with a mild solid roller camshaft on a SBF? probably 220 seat and 580ish open with .640 lift. I know I would not try it without the girdle, but with them all clamped together... I cant see where it would hurt anything? Not trying to turn this 8k or anything either. Just a mild bracket engine.
Baprace
HotPass
HotPass

Re: Rocker stud question

Post by Baprace »

cgarb wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:34 am If you run a girdle with 3/8 rocker studs would that be acceptable with a mild solid roller camshaft on a SBF? probably 220 seat and 580ish open with .640 lift. I know I would not try it without the girdle, but with them all clamped together... I cant see where it would hurt anything? Not trying to turn this 8k or anything either. Just a mild bracket engine.
cgarb, I don't see why that size stud with a stud girdle would be any problem, Myself I would use what you have. There is always a better mouse trap , but common sense has to apply sometimes.
turbo camino
Expert
Expert

Post by turbo camino »

I have turned SBCs over 8k with 3/8" studs and a girdle. Typical .600 lift solid roller stuff.
DON'T PANIC
Geoff2
Guru
Guru

Post by Geoff2 »

How many Hail Mary's......
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Post by Walter R. Malik »

cgarb wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:34 am If you run a girdle with 3/8 rocker studs would that be acceptable with a mild solid roller camshaft on a SBF? probably 220 seat and 580ish open with .640 lift. I know I would not try it without the girdle, but with them all clamped together... I cant see where it would hurt anything? Not trying to turn this 8k or anything either. Just a mild bracket engine.
IF you are using a good stud girdle, a 3/8" stud or 7/16" stud won't make much difference, if any at all.
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.