Nylon fuel lines

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass
Re: Nylon fuel lines

Post by Kevin Johnson »

travis wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:00 pm I’ve never used Nicopp, but it’s sounds very interesting....especially if it’s easier to work with than steel. Would you consider it durable enough for long term (as in years and years) use as a fuel line?
Think "brakeline."
Driving Force Online: BREAKING NEWS—Ohio Governor Signs SEMA-Supported Vehicle Freedom Bill Into Law!
travis
Guru
Guru

Post by travis »

Kevin Johnson wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:17 pm
travis wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:00 pm I’ve never used Nicopp, but it’s sounds very interesting....especially if it’s easier to work with than steel. Would you consider it durable enough for long term (as in years and years) use as a fuel line?
Think "brakeline."
Well, I guess that was kind of obvious #-o
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »

travis wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:08 pm
Kevin Johnson wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:17 pm
Think "brakeline."
Well, I guess that was kind of obvious #-o
I buy lots of brakeline to cut up and weld.
Driving Force Online: BREAKING NEWS—Ohio Governor Signs SEMA-Supported Vehicle Freedom Bill Into Law!
Schurkey
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Schurkey »

swampbuggy wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:21 pm The best Copper line ( easier to work with ) might be an option to consider where you mentioned running the steel line ?? Mark H.
You ever see Copper fuel plumbing on a car built in the US?

Far as I know, copper fuel plumbing is actually illegal in the USA.

I have heard of English cars using copper fuel tube--at least in England. The tube is extremely thick-walled, I don't think you can get that stuff here, and if you could, copper is expensive.
Moparboy440

Post by Moparboy440 »

Copper fuel lines works great and is actually the only accepted hardline in Gasoline marine applications.
But only use seamless drawn annealed copper pipe! Regular plumber piping will crack from the vibrations, no matter how thick it is!
Bill Chase
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Bill Chase »

I believe nicopp is nhra approved for fuel line use in efi applications. one of the name brands is CUNIFER It is a 19% nickel/ 80% copper alloy and does not work harden or fatigue like regular copper.

if the uscg approves it, I am certain the NHRA would approve it. it will not work harden like traditional copper. watch out for some of the import stuff. make sure the alloy holds true to the cunifer brand and it is tufff stuff. nicopp is just a different name brand.