Guys who CNC port

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

BradH
Guru
Guru
Re: Guys who CNC port

Post by BradH »

Are you saying we should shift into a discussion of ethics, instead? :shock: / :lol:
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Post by Walter R. Malik »

BradH wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:53 pm Are you saying we should shift into a discussion of ethics, instead? :shock: / :lol:
Ethics in business today is a rare commodity ... greed is what drives most.
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.
BCjohnny
Guru
Guru

Post by BCjohnny »

Ethical 'respect' of other design within the dog eat dog world of 'industry' has rarely existed

Thirty odd years ago I was encouraged to seek a patent but, despite my incorrigible naivety, it was obvious that protecting it as a 'nobody' would possibly cost more than I might have earned from it

I doubt I'm alone .........
Bos's5.0
Pro
Pro

Post by Bos's5.0 »

If you were.. say Brodix and a company like AFR came out with a BBC head that just stomped on every version you offer... are you telling me you

wouldn't get your hands on one to see if they figured out a port and combustion chamber shape that is next level? And how could you not

"incorporate" that into your head design so that you're not just second best every time?
Mummert
Expert
Expert

Post by Mummert »

Sometimes too many options kill creativity. When your options are limited you'll keep going faster improving what you have, when you have a buffet of cylinder heads you will constantly be thinking the grass is greener and give up on what you have.
Its like trying to find people who want to work when the government pays them to stay home.
Mummert Machine and Development 4 stroke hp
Mummert Y-blocks
BILL-C
Expert
Expert

Post by BILL-C »

Bos's5.0 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:46 pm If you were.. say Brodix and a company like AFR came out with a BBC head that just stomped on every version you offer... are you telling me you

wouldn't get your hands on one to see if they figured out a port and combustion chamber shape that is next level? And how could you not

"incorporate" that into your head design so that you're not just second best every time?
Isn't this how the world has been since the beginning in every aspect of life? The real innovators that we deal with are already on to the next version of their product by the time their current "best" hits the market. You are shoveling shyt against the tide if you think you can hold back progress.
Carlquist Competition Engines
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Post by Walter R. Malik »

BILL-C wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:07 am
Bos's5.0 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:46 pm If you were.. say Brodix and a company like AFR came out with a BBC head that just stomped on every version you offer... are you telling me you

Isn't this how the world has been since the beginning in every aspect of life? The real innovators that we deal with are already on to the next version of their product by the time their current "best" hits the market. You are shoveling shyt against the tide if you think you can hold back progress.
I once worked for a large company who submitted patents all the time and that was as far as it went. Whether they got a patent or not was not the purpose but, they needed to be able to put "patent pending" on their products out in the marketplace.
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.