Selling S.B. Ford 9.2" deck race engine

NOT ALLOWED: Selling or reselling in a retail manner.

Moderator: Team

Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Re: Selling S.B. Ford 9.2" deck race engine

Post by Walter R. Malik »

1972ho wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:02 pm Man I sure wouldn’t mind picking up this engine from you.But I’ve bought some used engine and parts and sometimes things didn’t work out.Not saying your engine isn’t going to be a problem but.By the way do you have any other pictures of it to share in your advertisement and I wouldn’t need the intake I already have one for it.And what state would it ship from I’m in Southern California.
I have no photos of it other than what was taken at the Race Engine Contest.
I could take some pictures but, it is now in a storage facility a few miles away.
I took 80 some photos of it being built but, I gave the file of them to Engine Builder magazine for an article which never happened.
I am in Michigan.
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.
1972ho
Guru
Guru

Post by 1972ho »

Have you ever shipped a engine to Southern California and if so did you crate it up and do you crate up engines I see you have a engine shop.And do you have any idea how much it could possibly cost to ship it here.
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

1972ho wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:06 am Have you ever shipped a engine to Southern California and if so did you crate it up and do you crate up engines I see you have a engine shop.And do you have any idea how much it could possibly cost to ship it here.
I have shipped an Engine to Ontario, California about 10 years ago and one to Henderson, Nevada about 5 years ago. Not in a crate but on a pallet, fully wrapped and strapped down.

Back them, trucking one that far was about $375.00, I don't know what it would cost today; probably about 15% more.
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Walter R. Malik wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:33 am
1972ho wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:06 am Have you ever shipped a engine to Southern California and if so did you crate it up and do you crate up engines I see you have a engine shop.And do you have any idea how much it could possibly cost to ship it here.
I have shipped an Engine to Ontario, California about 10 years ago and one to Henderson, Nevada about 5 years ago. Not in a crate but on a pallet, fully wrapped and strapped down.

Back them, trucking one that far was about $375.00, I don't know what it would cost today; probably about 15% more.
Apparently, people are not interested in a smaller race engine these days ...
power does not seem to mater as much as cubic inches does ... I just don't get it.