No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

David Vizard
Guru
Guru
Re: Big shout out to David Vizard and Terry Walters of TWPS

Post by David Vizard »

Bigchief632 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:35 am
What did you pay to get the DV specs? lol. Not laughing at you, just the idea of his arrogance. Also, doesn't surprise me with the ethics, it's happened before . Also, whatever you were told it would make, subtract 10%. Not a fan.
It appears that no one who actually knows me thinks I am arrogant.
I also have a really good record for ethics. Back in about 1984 ish a company boss, knowing what an influence I had in the industry, offered me a $17,500 bribe. Took me less than two seconds to turn it down. That would be at least $30,000 in todays cash. I wonder if you would have turned it down. Was with Neal Williams who was the boss of SuperFlow when this came about. Would your ethics survive such a temptation? I doubt it!

As for being a fan well you sound somewhat cynical so I really don't want such as a fan! And by the way I bet I can guess power figs prior to testing better than you can.
DV
David Vizard Small Group Performance Seminars - held about every 2 months. My shop or yours. Contact for seminar deails - davidvizardseminar@gmail.com for details.
David Vizard
Guru
Guru

Post by David Vizard »

Bigchief632 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:59 am
GARY C wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:27 am
Bigchief632 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:35 am

What did you pay to get the DV specs? lol. Not laughing at you, just the idea of his arrogance. Also, doesn't surprise me with the ethics, it's happened before . Also, whatever you were told it would make, subtract 10%. Not a fan.
Big Chief, do you even know DV? Have you ever had any dealings with him?

Personally I can say he has given me a roller cam, a set of heads, a new Dominator carb, his original cam program as well as many other spread sheets for my applications, many hours of his time, his 1981 Trans Am from the 1983 Popular Hotrodding magazine, named me in his porting book just to name a few, I have never met him in person.

He has never asked me for a penny and has refused any money I have offered.

Big Chief do you require payment for the job you do or do you work for free?
Should have separated the comments. As far as the ethics relating to TWP and the happy dyno. The info is out there, and like I said, it's not the first time it's happened. Also, if he paid for him to spec his build, to pick parts out of a catalog? Wouldn't TWP do that as part of the build process? Shouldn't he know what pistons, rings, crank, bearings, etc etc, to use? He's supposedly and ex Pro Stock engine builder, has a shop, and has has been at the engine building business for decades, you'd think he'd know? And a guy wouldn't have to pay to get an engine specced by a guy that isn't even building it? Also, I just made a comment to someone that got screwed by both of them, it's not my story.
I am amazed at the number of people, including pro engine builders who pick parts from a catalog and when the engine does not perform they call me and I tell them what they should have done not what they did. Question:- do you think I should do this for free?

Who is the guy that claimed to have been screwed. Let me know as, if he has a genuine grievance, I would like to fix it.
If I don't get a response on this I will have to conclude the claim is false or you are just spinning a yarn.
I can tell experience race engine builders over the phone and in great detail, how to build a race winning engine - even a type I have never built. Can you do that?
I suspect you have a 632 inch BBC. If you have 24 degree heads on it I can tell you how to make 20 hp more from it than you have. If this proves to be a mod you have not done then that puts your whole argument about the engine builder should know what to do in jeopardy.
DV
David Vizard Small Group Performance Seminars - held about every 2 months. My shop or yours. Contact for seminar deails - davidvizardseminar@gmail.com for details.
Chris_Hamilton
Pro
Pro

Post by Chris_Hamilton »

David Vizard wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:57 pm
Bigchief632 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:59 am
GARY C wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:27 am
Big Chief, do you even know DV? Have you ever had any dealings with him?

Personally I can say he has given me a roller cam, a set of heads, a new Dominator carb, his original cam program as well as many other spread sheets for my applications, many hours of his time, his 1981 Trans Am from the 1983 Popular Hotrodding magazine, named me in his porting book just to name a few, I have never met him in person.

He has never asked me for a penny and has refused any money I have offered.

Big Chief do you require payment for the job you do or do you work for free?
Should have separated the comments. As far as the ethics relating to TWP and the happy dyno. The info is out there, and like I said, it's not the first time it's happened. Also, if he paid for him to spec his build, to pick parts out of a catalog? Wouldn't TWP do that as part of the build process? Shouldn't he know what pistons, rings, crank, bearings, etc etc, to use? He's supposedly and ex Pro Stock engine builder, has a shop, and has has been at the engine building business for decades, you'd think he'd know? And a guy wouldn't have to pay to get an engine specced by a guy that isn't even building it? Also, I just made a comment to someone that got screwed by both of them, it's not my story.
I am amazed at the number of people, including pro engine builders who pick parts from a catalog and when the engine does not perform they call me and I tell them what they should have done not what they did. Question:- do you think I should do this for free?

Who is the guy that claimed to have been screwed. Let me know as, if he has a genuine grievance, I would like to fix it.
If I don't get a response on this I will have to conclude the claim is false or you are just spinning a yarn.
I can tell experience race engine builders over the phone and in great detail, how to build a race winning engine - even a type I have never built. Can you do that?
I suspect you have a 632 inch BBC. If you have 24 degree heads on it I can tell you how to make 20 hp more from it than you have. If this proves to be a mod you have not done then that puts your whole argument about the engine builder should know what to do in jeopardy.
DV

This is the Gent who is dissatisfied. If you search this thread you can see the posts where he expresses his dissatisfaction with Terry Walters and you. And no he wasn't calling you asking for free advice. Read this thread and it will be clear what his complaints are with you and Terry Walters.

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=16778
High quality metal, body and paint work
http://www.spiuserforum.com/index.php?t ... inia.9030/
Bigchief632
Pro
Pro

Post by Bigchief632 »

2 things happened here, only one of which was my intention for replying to Spike's post. That was to get some attention brought to it so he could possibly get a resolution to his issue. Kinda surprised it took so long. We'll see if it actually resolves anything for him. The bonus, shows the pure arrogance involved here. I don't even need to make any further comment. Anyone reading those 2 replies can see it plain as day. Wow. Thanks for that though. And no, you have no worries about me becoming one of your fans, so you're good there.
Maximum power using simple logic and common sense
USMC_Spike
Pro
Pro

Post by USMC_Spike »

I did say, lucky you, to the OP, that I wasn't so lucky.

I've provided proof of details of my dealings with them in other threads too.
I did receive a post here from DV, saying he will try and make some good.
The post is in another thread.

We'll see. The phrase, trust but verify comes to mind.
--thx Spike

I didn't realize that anyone would read the thread and actually comment,
So now that someone commented, well, I am also.
Thanks Bigchief632-must be a Pontiac guy.

Thanks Chris, no I wasn't wanting free advice. I've paid for the the DV engine without
the DV "magic" and need assistance.

What type? To get the damn thing to idle, to be drivable, etc. etc.
I need assist with timing, adjusting the rocker arms properly, and other stuff.
It sounds like scheisse. It leaks fluids and oil. My old BBC never leaked a drop of oil ever.
The whole oil pan is oily...you know what I"m saying, with sand and grit. It looks like the
gaskets shifted. Concerned about rear seal leak also.

Thank you to those that have, at least I know I'm not crazy, and I' not playing victim,
I just want what is right, and to be able to drive my 1969 Chevelle SS396. I've never
been able to drive it with the new engine. I'm not getting any healthier (read I'm hanging
in there.) With what time I have left, I want to get my chevelle running as it should
and I want to enjoy it while I can with my little girl--while she will still enjoy it with
her dad.

Somewhere in here you can read my posts about the Holley 950 Ultra XP carb I'm working
on again to get the engine running again and hopefully won't fall apart.

--thx Spike
FOUND: new improved smaller non-ricer pic
Bigchief632
Pro
Pro

Post by Bigchief632 »

USMC_Spike wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:43 pm I did say, lucky you, to the OP, that I wasn't so lucky.

I've provided proof of details of my dealings with them in other threads too.
I did receive a post here from DV, saying he will try and make some good.
The post is in another thread.

We'll see. The phrase, trust but verify comes to mind.
--thx Spike

I didn't realize that anyone would read the thread and actually comment,
So now that someone commented, well, I am also.
Thanks Bigchief632-must be a Pontiac guy.

Thanks Chris, no I wasn't wanting free advice. I've paid for the the DV engine without
the DV "magic" and need assistance.

What type? To get the damn thing to idle, to be drivable, etc. etc.
I need assist with timing, adjusting the rocker arms properly, and other stuff.
It sounds like scheisse. It leaks fluids and oil. My old BBC never leaked a drop of oil ever.
The whole oil pan is oily...you know what I"m saying, with sand and grit. It looks like the
gaskets shifted. Concerned about rear seal leak also.

Thank you to those that have, at least I know I'm not crazy, and I' not playing victim,
I just want what is right, and to be able to drive my 1969 Chevelle SS396. I've never
been able to drive it with the new engine. I'm not getting any healthier (read I'm hanging
in there.) With what time I have left, I want to get my chevelle running as it should
and I want to enjoy it while I can with my little girl--while she will still enjoy it with
her dad.

Somewhere in here you can read my posts about the Holley 950 Ultra XP carb I'm working
on again to get the engine running again and hopefully won't fall apart.

--thx Spike
Hopefully it gets resolved for you. Not a Pontiac guy, I just work on everything. As far as you playing "victim", no. Watch how this gets twisted though and the other guy involved will become the victim and I'll be the villain.
Maximum power using simple logic and common sense
USMC_Spike
Pro
Pro

Post by USMC_Spike »

I hope not, you shouldn't be villain either.

I am hopeful though, we'll see.

cheers,

Spike
FOUND: new improved smaller non-ricer pic