Ed Pink and the Final Engine Build.

Engine tech, for those engines, products, and technologies of yesteryear.

Moderator: Team

skinny z
HotPass
HotPass

Ed Pink and the Final Engine Build.

Post by skinny z »

Sometimes a bit of history floats to the top that strikes a nostalgic vein.
I remember Pink's engines from my earliest interests in drag racing (which would have been in the mid 60's as a youth).
That's he's still kicking is in and of itself remarkable. That one last hurrah has come out of the nonagenarian is beyond words.
Thanks Mr. Pink!

https://www.dragzine.com/tech-stories/e ... ever-made/
Kevin
Chris_Hamilton
Pro
Pro
Re: Ed Pink and the Final Engine Build.

Post by Chris_Hamilton »

Good read but the author got it wrong in the first paragraph. Ed Pink had nothing to do with any of the Singer Porsche engines. His former company which he sold but which still bears his name built the Singer engines. Singer was formed in 2009. Pink sold the business in 2008. Small point but when you read something with a rather glaring error makes the rest of the article somehow not as good. At least for me it does.
High quality metal, body and paint work
http://www.spiuserforum.com/index.php?t ... inia.9030/
hoffman900
HotPass
HotPass

Post by hoffman900 »

Chris_Hamilton wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:16 pm Good read but the author got it wrong in the first paragraph. Ed Pink had nothing to do with any of the Singer Porsche engines. His former company which he sold but which still bears his name built the Singer engines. Singer was formed in 2009. Pink sold the business in 2008. Small point but when you read something with a rather glaring error makes the rest of the article somehow not as good. At least for me it does.
Big Ed Pink fan, but this. Always appreciate journalistic accuracy.
-Bob
SupStk
Guru
Guru

Post by SupStk »

Pretty amazing Ed has it together and functioning at that age!

I shook my head with the fuel being called nitrous, think they meant nitro. The text did it two places. Seemed like a rookie mistake for an automotive author.
Monty Frerichs
B&M Machine
skinny z
HotPass
HotPass

Post by skinny z »

Journalistic accuracy aside, as a kid, this was what I recall about Ed Pink engines.

Pink2a.jpg

That, to me, was the zenith of drag racing at that time. I'd go over photos such as those and detail the car models I was building then (and years forward). I'm thinking late 60's at the time of Prudhomme's championship to about the time photos like that trickled down to the teenagers waiting to buy the magazines those photos were in.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kevin
Dave Koehler
Vendor

Post by Dave Koehler »

SupStk wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:36 am Pretty amazing Ed has it together and functioning at that age!

I shook my head with the fuel being called nitrous, think they meant nitro. The text did it two places. Seemed like a rookie mistake for an automotive author.
Caught that myself. In the age of digital there is no excuse to not go back and fix that.
Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
Enderle Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Balancing - Nitrous Master software
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
"Never let a race car know that you are in a hurry."
Chris_Hamilton
Pro
Pro

Post by Chris_Hamilton »

Dave Koehler wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:46 am
SupStk wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:36 am Pretty amazing Ed has it together and functioning at that age!

Caught that myself. In the age of digital there is no excuse to not go back and fix that.
Kind of shows that the author is not what he claims to be. At least he didn't call it NOZ like the kids do.:)
High quality metal, body and paint work
http://www.spiuserforum.com/index.php?t ... inia.9030/
Dave Koehler
Vendor

Post by Dave Koehler »

It was probably his autocorrect from a previous article. However, no proof reading was done.
Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
Enderle Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Balancing - Nitrous Master software
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
"Never let a race car know that you are in a hurry."
jake197000
Expert
Expert

Post by jake197000 »

They call it nos