TorqueMaster cam program update

Moderator: David Vizard

skinny z
HotPass
HotPass

Re: TorqueMaster cam program update

Post by skinny z »

While my engine combination is done and dusted, I'm still noodling around with various sims as well as DV's Torque Master cam predictor.
This is in regards to induction length and how it plays out.

Below is a screenshot of my engine data with a peak HP RPM target of 6000.
Now, using the induction length data entry boxes, I targeted 11.5" total and 4th wave reflection. It shows a peak HP/TQ RPM of 6435/5019 respectively.
Changing that length to 12.5" while still using the 4th wave reflection, sees those RPMs change to 5920/4618.
The trend is unremarkable in that it's understood that a longer runner will tend to tune to a lower RPM. That is if my understanding of the science is correct.
My question is: How does this tuned induction length affect the ACTUAL peak HP/TQ RPMs?
The software doesn't appear to take this length into account as the HP RPM peak of 6000 remains the same.

My guess is that changing the intake length will most certainly shift the HP and TQ peaks but to what degree I can't say.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kevin
Stan Weiss
Vendor

Post by Stan Weiss »

Kevin,
The program is not an engine simulation program. The 6000 RPM you enter is an input. The wave turned length / RPM is just a separate calculation.

Stan
Stan Weiss/World Wide Enterprises
Offering Performance Software Since 1987
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/carfor.htm
David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
skinny z
HotPass
HotPass

Post by skinny z »

That's as I figured Stan. Thanks.