So who is Ruben racing cams??

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

k-star
Guru
Guru

So who is Ruben racing cams??

Post by k-star »

I just bought 2 solid rollers from Doug Herbert. When i ordered then they told me they would be drop shipped from there cam grinder in cali. I assumed it would be the dad sending them, but the box they came in has Ruben Racing Cams as the address.

Never herd of them, has anyone else??

Keith
“If I hit you with this you’re going to be numb, that’s why they call them numb-chucks “Si Robertson
Morpheus
Post by Morpheus »

k-star.... I had the same question in my mind when I was told that, sooooo I googled the company.

I just hope his cam grinding skills are better than his bill paying skills. Not exactly a glowing report from what I could see :(

With that said, I really haven't heard or had any problems with the cams, and I have one of his dads solid rollers dating back to 6/93 and it's still going fine !
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Post by CamKing »

Herbert cams sold everything years ago.
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
http://www.jonescams.com
Jones Cam Designs' HotPass Vendors Forum: viewforum.php?f=44
(704)489-2449
bigjoe1
Show Guest
Show Guest

Post by bigjoe1 »

Last time I ran one, it was 55 HP LESS than a good Comp Cams profile I like

JOE SHERMAN RACING
k-star
Guru
Guru

cams

Post by k-star »

I have only used them in my driver /low dollar motors, nothing racey. I think i just bought my last one after looking into it...

Keith
“If I hit you with this you’re going to be numb, that’s why they call them numb-chucks “Si Robertson
Baprace
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Baprace »

Morpheus wrote:k-star.... I had the same question in my mind when I was told that, sooooo I googled the company.

I just hope his cam grinding skills are better than his bill paying skills. Not exactly a glowing report from what I could see :(

With that said, I really haven't heard or had any problems with the cams, and I have one of his dads solid rollers dating back to 6/93 and it's still going fine !
Why bring up the guy's unfortunate bill paying issues ? None of us know what his financial situation is. I just bounced 4 small checks on the same day as I had made a mistake on one digit in my check balance sheet. First time for me to have insufficient funds charged to my account in 44 years of business, lucky for me I had check over draft protection. Hell just look at the goddam government, does anybody pay income tax anymore ?
Morpheus
Post by Morpheus »

Baprace... while this is a little off topic, you do deserve a reply to your post.

Reubens company records, financial health, gross receipts, number of employees,etc. are a matter of public record. When folks bash certain mfg. companies for shoddy work on this site & others it becomes a matter of public record, for the GOOD of all who want to consider this information. Otherwise those folks would still be doing lots of shoddy business. An informed consumer is a good consumer !

44 years without a bouncer, that's mighty fine sir, and i'm sure as heck pretty certain you're PROUD of that record, otherwise you'd have never posted that info. That also shows that you're a standup kinda guy, who everyone wouldn't mind doing business with ! If you can add 1+1=2 instead of 6, and curtail your own personal needs/desires for the good of your company/family, that makes it even better.

On the other hand if you been slack in your business practices because you just had to keep that powerboat or whatever, then the onus will fall on you, plain and simple. Yes these are hard times, but wth if you and I and many others can do it, well.................

Camking and bigjoe both posted about the cams also. Are you about to jump in their sheet for bashing the product? I don't think so, it's a public forum, and their words carry much more weight than mine do ! :shock:

FWIW: 900 million has been pledged to help with the rebuilding of the Gaza strip! Then they can send their sons to other parts of the world to kill our troops!!!!!!! How many who are reading this thread could of used some of that cash..... perhaps Reuben himself?

Don't even go there on the tax bit & bailouts or i'll be found dead at this computor still replying :roll:
Morpheus
Post by Morpheus »

Sorry camking you didn't bash the product, just stated a fact about mfg.

bigjoe kinda didn't either, he just stated the facts about testing results.

My mistake and error :oops:
PackardV8
Guru
Guru

Post by PackardV8 »

Please also note there is a forum for General Discussion, rightfully at the bottom of the Index. Questions about businesses might also be placed in Industry/Business, where professionals with the experience to answer those types of questions will respond responsibly. Let's keep Engine Tech for its' namesake.

thnx, jack vines
Jack Vines
Studebaker-Packard V8 Limited
Obsolete Engineering
PackardV8
Guru
Guru

Post by PackardV8 »

Engine Tech is just that. Please take all General Discussion rants there!

thnx, jack vines
Jack Vines
Studebaker-Packard V8 Limited
Obsolete Engineering
Morpheus
Post by Morpheus »

Jack Vines.... while I really enjoy your replies to the threads on this site, and have also wondered if you are the gentleman who runs the Packard powered red coupe at the salt flats, this AGAIN is off topic.

My reply to Baprace started with the statement that is was off topic, but a reply was deserved, so I realized what I was doing.

Never in any of my posts did I even hint at a rant, with the exception of the loss of our troops lives. Anyone who would dispute this is very Unamerican. A rant is when someone goes ballistic and rambles on incoherently, or becomes aggressive.

With that said, I realize you are also not a moderator, unless your status has been changed, and your last post with the word "rant" highlighted appears to be rather aggressive and pushy, possibly bordering on a "rant" or at the least a "shout". Shouldn't that have been placed in the General Discussions section?

Maybe you could list the "authors" who inadvertantly posted/replied in the Engine Tech section, so we know exactly whom you are addressing your replies towards. A hint as to which area the reply would be posted would be most helpful, so those of us concerned may locate said reply. Pm's to each of us would keep the "clutter" to a minimum, don't you think?

thnx, morpheus
Greezer
Pro
Pro
Post by Greezer »

Have a Nice Day
Last edited by Greezer on Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
ou812
HotPass
HotPass

Post by ou812 »

Rueben cams has been grinding Chet's stuff for years. We used to get some cams from him back in the early-mid 90's.
Very very dated masters....
Brian
bigjoe1
Show Guest
Show Guest

Post by bigjoe1 »

Here are some facts--- I got three cams from Herbert that were supposed to be the same part number--- All three were differant( up to 6 or 7 degrees ) from one another-- Just the facts

JOE SHERMAN RACING
W.Todd
Re: So who is Ruben racing cams??

Post by W.Todd »

Ruben was the cam grinder at Chet Herbert Cams.The masters belonged to Chet but he paid Ruben to grind the cams.Then Ruben bought the cam grinder and the masters from Chet,but he still made all of the roller cams for Chet.Ruben finally moved out of Chet's building to another location in Anaheim.Then Donnie Johansen moved his cam grinder into the building and started making the cams for Chet.After a couple of years,I think Donnie recv'd a large sum of money from an estate and then sold the cam grinder to someone else.As far as I know,Ruben still grinds the roller cams for Doug using Chet's masters and the Herbert name.I sold a lot of Chet's cams for 10 years and had a return of less than 1%.His cams made a lot of torque and horsepower for circle track cars,street,bracket cars,marine and tractor pullers.Ruben has expanded the line of roller cams since Chet passed away.