"For Sale" Lunati Hyd Roller Voodoo Custom Cam

NOT ALLOWED: Selling or reselling in a retail manner.

Moderator: Team

Desmosis10

"For Sale" Lunati Hyd Roller Voodoo Custom Cam

Post by Desmosis10 »

LUNATI HYD ROLLER VOODOO CAM CUSTOM GRIND TO A 108 LOBE I'M SELLING IT SO I CAN GO WITH A MUCH BIGGER CAM ONLY REASON I'M SELLING IT...

TEXT OR CALL Desmond cell (219)512-3781

Hydraulic roller, lopey idle. Great street machine cam! Likes upgraded intake carburetor and exhaust. Needs 9.5:1 or better compression and 2500 RPM stall speed converter or better and a 3.42 or better rear gear ratio.
•Advertised Duration (Int/Exh): 282/290

•Duration @ .050 (Int/Exh): 231/239

•Gross Valve Lift (Int/Exh): .535/.550

108 Lobe sep

•Valve Lash (Int/Exh): Hyd/Hyd

•RPM Range: 2500-6500
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

Re: "For Sale" Lunati Hyd Roller Voodoo Custom Cam

Post by ProPower engines »

Will assume its used BUT, :roll:
is it for a BBC or Sm Blk??????? GM Ford Mopar?????You did not post the grind number. ](*,)
And Does the Lifters come with it?????? 8-[
And how much you asking.
Post some more details so we can tell what you have
Real Race Cars Don't Have Doors
Desmosis10

Post by Desmosis10 »

ProPower engines wrote:Will assume its used BUT, :roll:
is it for a BBC or Sm Blk??????? GM Ford Mopar?????You did not post the grind number. ](*,)
And Does the Lifters come with it?????? 8-[
And how much you asking.
Post some more details so we can tell what you have
No its Not Used Its Brand New in the Box, and its for a SBC its a HDY roller cam. No lifters come with it Just the Cam
I'm asking about 290 to 300 bucks I would like what i paid for it but I kno i'm not going to get that back so i'll take a little lost in money. But I bought the cam for more than that so its a good deal!! I just want to go with a much bigger cam for my engine build that's the only reason i'm selling it
Matt Gruber
Guru
Guru

Post by Matt Gruber »

racing season is about over.
keep it,use it along with a 7101 RPM and 750 QFT slayer($(299) and a 4 hole spacer.
then you have a really quick street car.w/3.42 rear that can get 17 mpg cruising.
Then if you figure a way to hook up the tires, maybe next summer, if your track times are not fast enough, put in a wild cam,single plane and have fun at the track.
swap back to the street friendly set-up for fall winter spring.
tame a lumpy cam for the street, more street torque! see my article, archived in the waybackmachine.
https://web.archive.org/web/20130707064 ... TGRU/carb/
Great manners equals more fun.
Desmosis10

Post by Desmosis10 »

Matt Gruber wrote:racing season is about over.
keep it,use it along with a 7101 RPM and 750 QFT slayer($(299) and a 4 hole spacer.
then you have a really quick street car.w/3.42 rear that can get 17 mpg cruising.
Then if you figure a way to hook up the tires, maybe next summer, if your track times are not fast enough, put in a wild cam,single plane and have fun at the track.
swap back to the street friendly set-up for fall winter spring.

That's what I was thinking I should keep it but at the same time I want to out do my buddies and there engine builds its going to be for the summer mostly,spring,fall maybe,but no winter. I'm just thinking this cam may not give me as much HP & TQ im looking for. But for the intake i'm going to use a World Products Motown Single Plane Intake Manifolds Rpm 2500-7500 >>>> Part#061040 with a 1inch 4 hole Spacer... What do u think Matt???
Matt Gruber
Guru
Guru

Post by Matt Gruber »

There will always be faster cars at the track. But i NEVER see these cars at the mall.
Always more fun to have a close race. When u beat a guy by 10-20 cars lengths he may NEVER want to race again. So give your buddy a chance.
Lots of guys go SLOWER with a big cam and single plane. After a few years of tuning, they sometimes make it work, if that is your goal(drive a race car on the street), don't expect to bolt it together and succeed anytime soon.
2500-7500 range means cruise of 2500up and 4.11-4.56 gears :roll: not street friendly at all
see article in sig.
tame a lumpy cam for the street, more street torque! see my article, archived in the waybackmachine.
Desmosis10

Post by Desmosis10 »

Matt Gruber wrote:There will always be faster cars at the track. But i NEVER see these cars at the mall.
Always more fun to have a close race. When u beat a guy by 10-20 cars lengths he may NEVER want to race again. So give your buddy a chance.
Lots of guys go SLOWER with a big cam and single plane. After a few years of tuning, they sometimes make it work, if that is your goal(drive a race car on the street), don't expect to bolt it together and succeed anytime soon.
2500-7500 range means cruise of 2500up and 4.11-4.56 gears :roll: not street friendly at all
see article in sig.

Yeah that true it will always be faster cars but not building a race car just a badd a$$ street/strip car, Im using 3.89 gears and a very good built 700r4 transmission.... I no bigger is not always better, but i never knew if u use a big cam with a single plane u can sometimes lose power "which is what your saying" thats the first, But maybe it could be true...hmmmmm Do u think that single plane intake would go right with the cam I have now ??
Matt Gruber
Guru
Guru

Post by Matt Gruber »

the 3.89 and the LOW 1st gear in the 700r4 will work well with the single plane.
with a dual plane it will have too much torque and just spin the tires. dual plane needs a 3.08-3.42.
so give it a try, it will be lots of fun! cam should work fine except on cold starts. can pipe in some header heat to the air cleaner base. make sure carb has a choke!
Search the archives for 67RS502 he has a 383 with a 224/224/114 HR cam that makes 490hp and runs 10's! a real sleeper with a stock idle! Your cam is plenty big. Maybe too big with a single plane on the street(wider LSA would be tamer), but, i'm sure you will love it at first. Can always tame the cam later if u get tired of the poor manners, low mpg, etc. I was happy for years doing lots of downshifting, i admit it was fun until gas went from $1.40 to over $3 But, i don't have OD. So your mpg might not be too bad on the interstate. 17 mpg is still possible, but not around town.
Desmosis10

Post by Desmosis10 »

Matt Gruber wrote:the 3.89 and the LOW 1st gear in the 700r4 will work well with the single plane.
with a dual plane it will have too much torque and just spin the tires. dual plane needs a 3.08-3.42.
so give it a try, it will be lots of fun! cam should work fine except on cold starts. can pipe in some header heat to the air cleaner base. make sure carb has a choke!
Search the archives for 67RS502 he has a 383 with a 224/224/114 HR cam that makes 490hp and runs 10's! a real sleeper with a stock idle! Your cam is plenty big. Maybe too big with a single plane on the street(wider LSA would be tamer), but, i'm sure you will love it at first. Can always tame the cam later if u get tired of the poor manners, low mpg, etc. I was happy for years doing lots of downshifting, i admit it was fun until gas went from $1.40 to over $3 But, i don't have OD. So your mpg might not be too bad on the interstate. 17 mpg is still possible, but not around town.
Thanks I appreciate all your feed back,But I see u said make sure I have a choke on the carb which a 750carb would be big enough for my set up, even if i go with a bigger cam in the future? When u say use a choke will it give the engine a better start up? Whats the pros and cons of having a choke...??? also can a single plane get alot of torque to with a 1inch 4 hole spacer on top just want to make sure i'm on the right path... Just Want to get max performance out of my engine for a Naturally aspirated engine... But thanks again for the feed back
Matt Gruber
Guru
Guru

Post by Matt Gruber »

choke makes it easy to start below 60F. takes some experimenting to get it set right. if it is too "tight" it will run rich, too little it will stall. Once it is set right and u learn how to use it, can drive anytime even 0F. The disadvantage of a manual choke is IF u forget it is ON CHOKE mpg will be worse.
750cfm plenty big enough. larger carbs will usually run crappy cold, sometimes they are crappy all the time! a carb is rated at 1.5" vacuum, but, for example, will flow LOTS more with more vacuum. a 750 will flow over 1000 cfm at 3"
So don't wast $$$ on a big carb. Even the 650 6210 on my site pg2 will work better than 99%. It will flow 916 cfm at 3"! But it won't bolt to your manifold. Too bad. Only the RPM QJET manifold will work. That would be a 365 day a year car!
A 4 holer won't turn a single plane into a dual plane. Tho sometimes a spacer helps, but it helps at high rpm, not low.
Desmosis10

Post by Desmosis10 »

Matt Gruber wrote:choke makes it easy to start below 60F. takes some experimenting to get it set right. if it is too "tight" it will run rich, too little it will stall. Once it is set right and u learn how to use it, can drive anytime even 0F. The disadvantage of a manual choke is IF u forget it is ON CHOKE mpg will be worse.
750cfm plenty big enough. larger carbs will usually run crappy cold, sometimes they are crappy all the time! a carb is rated at 1.5" vacuum, but, for example, will flow LOTS more with more vacuum. a 750 will flow over 1000 cfm at 3"
So don't wast $$$ on a big carb. Even the 650 6210 on my site pg2 will work better than 99%. It will flow 916 cfm at 3"! But it won't bolt to your manifold. Too bad. Only the RPM QJET manifold will work. That would be a 365 day a year car!
A 4 holer won't turn a single plane into a dual plane. Tho sometimes a spacer helps, but it helps at high rpm, not low.
oh ok thank you, I called quick fuel they told me to use an 850 carb with annular booster with a Mechanical Secondary I thought that was to big myself, But they told me a 850 annular booster works like a 750 carb it have smaller jets and the annular bosster gains more power too.... I'm not sure if that true or not, What your opinion about the 850 annular booster with the Mechanical Secondary????
Matt Gruber
Guru
Guru

Post by Matt Gruber »

It is probably true that the annular booster on the 850 responds like the plain 750. Carcraft tested a 750 on a 383 and it made 1 HP more than a 650 :roll:
750 and 850's are both too big for the street below 60F.
They make big bucks on more expensive carbs as does every vendor.
That $299 slayer is all u need, and it got the best mpg in the carcraft test. I figure i'm not going to talk u out of buying a 750. Myself, i'd use the 600! Why? It looks to have the same venturi as the 680, and the throttle response would be awesome. 600(680) is my pick for the street(better cold starts too), 750 or 850 would be nice to try at the drags, i'd bet it is not even 1/10 sec or 1 mph faster. might even bet it is slower at first until it is tuned, but QFT has good reviews, so u never know until u try. If it works well, is not going to be dramatic, like going to a 383 from a 355. The bigger the carb, the more likely it is that it will backfire/stall on cold starts, and bog on shifts. The carb is #1 to get right when u want streetability.
Money is best spent on cubic inches or nitrous when u want more power.