bbc cranks

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

prairiehotrodder
Guru
Guru

bbc cranks

Post by prairiehotrodder »

i have 3 BBC forged cranks that i'm sure are all the 366, 396, 427 variety but they are all a bit different. One is drilled through the front throw, one is not drilled and one is half drilled. One is a 6223 and the other is 622 with the last number missing and one is just 6 and no other numbers. Any help knowing what i have ?
thanks
Brian
The Word of God is quick and powerfull
www.therocketshop.blogspot.com
mag2555
Guru
Guru
Location: Heading for a bang up with Andromeda as we all are.

Re: bbc cranks

Post by mag2555 »

You mean crossdrilled thru the number 1 main, because it sounds like your taking about the rod throw?
You can cut a man's tongue from his mouth, but that does not mean he’s a liar, it just shows that you fear the truth he might speak about you!
prairiehotrodder
Guru
Guru

Post by prairiehotrodder »

a lightening hole on the rod throw.
The Word of God is quick and powerfull
www.therocketshop.blogspot.com
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »

https://www.mortec.com/cranks.htm

6223 is straight forward.

Best bet is to post up several pics of each one for people to ponder. WAG is that the other two are aftermarket.
Driving Force Online: BREAKING NEWS—Ohio Governor Signs SEMA-Supported Vehicle Freedom Bill Into Law!
Ron Miller
Pro
Pro

Post by Ron Miller »

All three cranks you have should have different counterweight shapes-profiles. I handpicked two 396-427 steel cranks awhile back. When I got them home, I looked them over side by side. I noticed both cranks had different counterweight shapes and thicknesses. One crank is 2 lbs lighter than the other. I don't really know what the actual application is for each crank. Hell, one might be a tall deck 427 crank. I'm gonna use them in a few 427 builds.
Ron Miller
mag2555
Guru
Guru
Location: Heading for a bang up with Andromeda as we all are.

Post by mag2555 »

Did the Zl1 427 motors use a non twisted forging unlike all the other motors?
You can cut a man's tongue from his mouth, but that does not mean he’s a liar, it just shows that you fear the truth he might speak about you!