We are currently running on the new domain and server: www.Speed-Talk.com

IMPORTANT: Update your bookmarks to https://www.speed-talk.com/forum/
(Right-click the URL and select "Bookmark this link")

SB2.2 EVILNESS

Post Reply
SpeierRacingHeads
Vendor
Posts: 419
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 1:28 pm
Location:

SB2.2 EVILNESS

Post by SpeierRacingHeads » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:30 pm

3.21in² MIN at the throat. 440+cfm

Image

Image

Image
Speier Racing Heads
Chad Speier
785-623-0963

User avatar
CamKing
Guru
Guru
Posts: 9526
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:05 pm
Location: Denver, NC
Contact:

Re: SB2.2 EVILNESS

Post by CamKing » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:39 pm

I hope you have a tall block, raised cam, 440cid, underneath those.
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
http://www.jonescams.com
Jones Cam Designs' HotPass Vendors Forum: viewforum.php?f=44
(704)489-2449

SpeierRacingHeads
Vendor
Posts: 419
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 1:28 pm
Location:

Re: SB2.2 EVILNESS

Post by SpeierRacingHeads » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:22 pm

CamKing wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:39 pm
I hope you have a tall block, raised cam, 440cid, underneath those.
Or a 358 B/DA engine! :)
Speier Racing Heads
Chad Speier
785-623-0963

User avatar
FC-Pilot
HotPass
HotPass
Posts: 571
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:23 pm
Location: Peoria, AZ
Contact:

Re: SB2.2 EVILNESS

Post by FC-Pilot » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:09 am

I am impressed with the sb2 architecture, but isn’t there better heads for the application? I would imagine the old pro stock truck heads (I can’t remember what they are called right now, splayed valve I think) might be a better application fit. Unless intake design for single carb is the issue. What are your thoughts Chad and why? Just trying to learn.

Paul
"It's a fine line between clever and stupid." David St. Hubbins

SpeierRacingHeads
Vendor
Posts: 419
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 1:28 pm
Location:

Re: SB2.2 EVILNESS

Post by SpeierRacingHeads » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:27 pm

FC-Pilot wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:09 am
I am impressed with the sb2 architecture, but isn’t there better heads for the application? I would imagine the old pro stock truck heads (I can’t remember what they are called right now, splayed valve I think) might be a better application fit. Unless intake design for single carb is the issue. What are your thoughts Chad and why? Just trying to learn.

Paul
Most of the altered classes are canted only and not splayed.

A GM splayed valve head, ported to the max, will crack just looking at it. True story.
Speier Racing Heads
Chad Speier
785-623-0963

User avatar
FC-Pilot
HotPass
HotPass
Posts: 571
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:23 pm
Location: Peoria, AZ
Contact:

Re: SB2.2 EVILNESS

Post by FC-Pilot » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:38 pm

SpeierRacingHeads wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:27 pm
FC-Pilot wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:09 am
I am impressed with the sb2 architecture, but isn’t there better heads for the application? I would imagine the old pro stock truck heads (I can’t remember what they are called right now, splayed valve I think) might be a better application fit. Unless intake design for single carb is the issue. What are your thoughts Chad and why? Just trying to learn.

Paul
Most of the altered classes are canted only and not splayed.

A GM splayed valve head, ported to the max, will crack just looking at it. True story.
Have not cared much about comp rules in over a decade so forgot much of its particulars as far as rules went. Did not know that about those heads though. Very interesting. Thanks for the response.

Paul
"It's a fine line between clever and stupid." David St. Hubbins

Post Reply