VIZARD'S SUPPOSED 60 HP GAIN ON JON KASSE'S ENGINE MASTERS BB CEVY

Moderator: David Vizard

David Vizard
Guru
Guru
VIZARD'S SUPPOSED 60 HP GAIN ON JON KASSE'S ENGINE MASTERS BB CEVY

Post by David Vizard »

Guys,
reference my post on my section of ST denying the roumor that I re-specced Jon Kasse' engine master BB Chevy cam and made 60hp more.
I denied that rumor and still got a bashing from a number of characters for, how shall I say, 'show boating'
I was hoping that Jon would step in and counter this suggestion but so far nothing and yes I know he is a busy man.

The truth of the matter is I did give him some advice that netted (according to Jon) a gain of 60 hp but it was not via a cam change!
- and if any of you have any negative comments on this then keep them to yourselves as your opinions are probably not worth a single dime!
DV
David Vizard Small Group Performance Seminars - held about every 2 months. My shop or yours. Contact for seminar deails - davidvizardseminar@gmail.com for details.
Elroy
Pro
Pro
Re: VIZARD'S SUPPOSED 60 HP GAIN ON JON KASSE'S ENGINE MASTERS BB CEVY

Post by Elroy »

I dont know of anyone that would think you were guilty of finding power that Jon couldnt :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
David Vizard
Guru
Guru

Post by David Vizard »

Thanks for the vote of confidence here but I must be living in a world that has a lot more anti-fans just waiting to pounce with negative criticism.
DV
David Vizard Small Group Performance Seminars - held about every 2 months. My shop or yours. Contact for seminar deails - davidvizardseminar@gmail.com for details.
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Post by Walter R. Malik »

David Vizard wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:58 pm Thanks for the vote of confidence here but I must be living in a world that has a lot more anti-fans just waiting to pounce with negative criticism.
DV
When working on a strange platform, anyone can use help of some kind or another.
I really don't find this to be out of the ordinary happenings in this high performance automotive world.
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.
blackford
Pro
Pro

Post by blackford »

Hi David. I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for your informative videos.

I watched your videos on Ford small block head porting and chamber mods and i've incorporated them into a spare '70 351w head that i'm going to get flowed here soon. I also payed more attention to the min CSA inside the runner (not the pinch area). Eric Weingartner's videos were also very helpful as well. The intake port is about 160cc in volume and the exhaust port is 61cc.

I already have '70 351w heads on a street 331 that I ported some 20 years ago and the engine has run very well despite all the naysayers who said stock Ford iron is no good. The engine is a mild street build, but it makes 420HP@6500 and dips only 30 HP @ 7000. Very responsive engine. After I get the spare head flowed and if the results are encouraging, I may pull the heads off and incorporate the enhancements into them.

Thanks again for your knowledge!
65 Mustang FB, 331 custom built with 289 H beam rods and 383W piston, 282S cam, Ported Maxx 180s, T5z, 9" 3.89 gears. ~460HP@6500

2013 Corvette 427 Convertible daily driver
David Vizard
Guru
Guru

Post by David Vizard »

Walter R. Malik wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:28 pm
David Vizard wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:58 pm Thanks for the vote of confidence here but I must be living in a world that has a lot more anti-fans just waiting to pounce with negative criticism.
DV
When working on a strange platform, anyone can use help of some kind or another.
I really don't find this to be out of the ordinary happenings in this high performance automotive world.
Walter,
well said my friend.
DV
David Vizard
Guru
Guru

Post by David Vizard »

blackford wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:35 pm Hi David. I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for your informative videos.

I watched your videos on Ford small block head porting and chamber mods and i've incorporated them into a spare '70 351w head that i'm going to get flowed here soon. I also payed more attention to the min CSA inside the runner (not the pinch area). Eric Weingartner's videos were also very helpful as well. The intake port is about 160cc in volume and the exhaust port is 61cc.

I already have '70 351w heads on a street 331 that I ported some 20 years ago and the engine has run very well despite all the naysayers who said stock Ford iron is no good. The engine is a mild street build, but it makes 420HP@6500 and dips only 30 HP @ 7000. Very responsive engine. After I get the spare head flowed and if the results are encouraging, I may pull the heads off and incorporate the enhancements into them.

Thanks again for your knowledge!
Mr. Blackford sir,
I am planning on doing something near the ultimate modifications to a set of e7te heads in an upcoming video. Meanwhile hang in there for a soon to be premiered video showing what at present is the most accurate cam event specs that can b e shown right off the video platform itself.
Also the head porting video's will continue. You might also want to watch the Jon Schmidt roasting!!!
DV
Super_Stock

Post by Super_Stock »

DV
Everyone on the internet has "ani-fans" these days. Half the time a person can't say anything on the net without someone having a dig at them. Who cares what they think :D
Thanks for the publications, I even have your little blue Cylinder Head Modification book, printed in the UK in 1971for the princely sum of £2.40 !
Also liked your debates with David Baker over the years.
David Vizard
Guru
Guru

Post by David Vizard »

Super_Stock wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:37 pm
DV
Everyone on the internet has "ani-fans" these days. Half the time a person can't say anything on the net without someone having a dig at them. Who cares what they think :D
Thanks for the publications, I even have your little blue Cylinder Head Modification book, printed in the UK in 1971for the princely sum of £2.40 !
Also liked your debates with David Baker over the years.

thanks Super Stock.
I hope your super stocker proves to be a SUPER Super stocker!!
DV
408 Nova
Pro
Pro

Post by 408 Nova »

Elroy wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:54 pm I dont know of anyone that would think you were guilty of finding power that Jon couldnt :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
David, I think this dude was being a smarta$$, not flattering.
bob460
Expert
Expert

Post by bob460 »

What was the advice you gave him?
David Vizard
Guru
Guru

Post by David Vizard »

If Jon wants to tell all that fine but I have taken the stance that this was a private conversation.
DV
allencr267
Pro
Pro

Post by allencr267 »

wow, this has been going since at least 3/8/21, and had no idea that I haven't cared about it for so long.

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=63126
Vizard's 60 hp cam spec for Jon Kasse
by David Vizard » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:09 pm » in David Vizard forum

Please, please, don't feed the trolls.

Also DV, thanks, got old Mini & Lotus Twin Cam books packed away somewhere.
Mummert
Expert
Expert

Post by Mummert »

Builders bounce ideas off each other all the time. Doesn't seem that strange.
Mummert Machine and Development 4 stroke hp
Mummert Y-blocks
Racer97

Post by Racer97 »

I'm no great engine builder but I take in knowledge from people that have done testing on Dyno and track. DV in my opinion is one of the best. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.