Ford 600 Tractor

Tech questions that don't fit above forums

Moderator: Team

Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass
Ford 600 Tractor

Post by Kevin Johnson »

Any recommendations for prompt engine service in the Central Indiana area?
Driving Force Online: BREAKING NEWS—Ohio Governor Signs SEMA-Supported Vehicle Freedom Bill Into Law!
Racer71
Pro
Pro
Re: Ford 600 Tractor

Post by Racer71 »

What are you needing done? There’s a few in my area, older guys that would know those older tractors well
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »

It is my Brother's tractor. Some type of misfire that he tried to investigate but didn't have time to tear it down.
Driving Force Online: BREAKING NEWS—Ohio Governor Signs SEMA-Supported Vehicle Freedom Bill Into Law!
PackardV8
Guru
Guru

Post by PackardV8 »

It's really a huge PITA to haul a farm tractor in for service and very expensive to have a tech come out to the barn. Because of that, there's usually someone in the vicinity who will shadetree for a more reasonable cost.

From personal experience of sixty years ago, I grew up on them. Tractors sit for months and years without being run:

Ignition component deterioration - replace plugs, wires, points, condensor, cap, rotor. The components on there may be the originals.

Stuck valve. Should be easy to diagnose; is it blowing back through the intake or the exhaust?

Bad gas and/or plugged filter or carb passages. Today's pump fuel is unstable, absorbs water and can't be left in the tank over the winter. Drain the tank, clean the filter, blow out the carb idle circuit.
Jack Vines
Studebaker-Packard V8 Limited
Obsolete Engineering