Question about the value of a complete 427/425

NOT ALLOWED: Selling or reselling in a retail manner.

Moderator: Team

582r10
Pro
Pro
Question about the value of a complete 427/425

Post by 582r10 »

Complete from intake to pan original standard bore been sitting a very long time in dry storage was lubed up before being stored and turns freely. Will need rebuilt of course but is not broken. Not sure what it is out of as the original owner died but is a 1967 model year with matching date code block and heads. Any idea of what this is worth? I want to buy it and use it but want to make sure it's worth the asking. If I don't buy it I will post where it is. anything you know or think opinions I would appreciate it.
582r10
Pro
Pro
Re: Question about the value of a complete 427/425

Post by 582r10 »

Boy this place is on fire, lol.
Chris_Hamilton
Pro
Pro

Post by Chris_Hamilton »

427/425 sounds like an L72 which was the Holy Grail in 67. According to what I've read over the years no L72 were installed in any 67 production car. If this is a real L72 it would be worth a lot to the right person. They are exceedingly rare. It would be nice to keep this together and not butcher it up as it is a piece of history. The L72 was used in Yenkos as well. Buy it, list it on bringatrailer, and use the proceeds to build something. At least that is what I would do. It would bring a good bit of money as is on BAT.

You might try posting your question in the Engine Tech sub forum. You would get a lot more response there.
High quality metal, body and paint work
http://www.spiuserforum.com/index.php?t ... inia.9030/
54chevkiwi
Pro
Pro

Post by 54chevkiwi »

582r10 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:22 pm Complete from intake to pan original standard bore been sitting a very long time in dry storage was lubed up before being stored and turns freely. Will need rebuilt of course but is not broken. Not sure what it is out of as the original owner died but is a 1967 model year with matching date code block and heads. Any idea of what this is worth? I want to buy it and use it but want to make sure it's worth the asking. If I don't buy it I will post where it is. anything you know or think opinions I would appreciate it.
I recommend contacting Mark vortecpro on here and chatting to him about it, he might likely snap it up, it's up his alley....
As long as it's actually for sale of course, pardon my assumption
582r10
Pro
Pro

Post by 582r10 »

The guy apparently sold the 427. He still has a complete 396/375 for sale. Here's a link, it's on Marketplace
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... =undefined

Mods, I hope it's ok to post this link. If not either let me know or just delete it.

I would've loved to have the 427/425 mostly because I haven't seen a complete unbroken one since the mid seventies. Was cool seeing a BBC with the factory 4 bolt block, windage tray, domes, big rods and stuff. Nowadays you see something like that and it's all aftermarket stuff. I'm in the middle of building two cars and just didn't see having any time in the near future to fool with another engine.