Who says you can't open a valve by pushing on the retainer

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

juuhanaa
HotPass
HotPass

Re: Who says you can't open a valve by pushing on the retainer

Post by juuhanaa »

Tom, do you remember any welding rod that is good for unknown materials, easy to weld and hardens for example from impacts when machined in a lathe? Obviously just an idea, but i dont know how bad..

-juhana
A balanced person dares to stagger, and modify ports bigger
Tom68
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Tom68 »

juuhanaa wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:36 am Tom, do you remember any welding rod that is good for unknown materials, easy to weld and hardens for example from impacts when machined in a lathe? Obviously just an idea, but i dont know how bad..

-juhana
In Oz for stick welding we used to have Weldall electrodes, only needed to use them a few times decades ago.

Any stainless filler should harden with work whether you want it to or not.
Ignorance leads to confidence more often than knowledge does.
Nah, I'm not leaving myself out of the ignorant brigade....at times.
Cobra720

Post by Cobra720 »

I understand not using a lash cap for more clearance because it moves the pattern outboard....but for starters the pattern looks wide anyway, and you could move outboard more from center than I'm seeing. If the witness mark was narrower you would have a better idea. I found that all rocker arms are not made the same. Try a different one. I've done back-to-back testing on many and found a rocker arm that worked better than the rest for my build. Same goes for retainers. It's a pain in the ass to keep buying single arms and retainer sets but I was always able to send them back for refunds.
hoodeng
HotPass
HotPass

Post by hoodeng »

And the there are those that deliberately lifted on the retainer.
As for a welding rod that can stick sh@t to clay, Eutectic 680.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
juuhanaa
HotPass
HotPass

Post by juuhanaa »

Little ot, but talking about the cases and things that should not be welded... In Esab we trust.

Repositioning the tie rod end gave a quick err turning or better yet it changed the ratio of which the wheels turn on a front wheel drive with a 100% differential. :mrgreen:

IMG20230325164420.jpg
IMG20230325164603.jpg

-juhana
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A balanced person dares to stagger, and modify ports bigger
Tom68
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Tom68 »

juuhanaa wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:10 am Little ot, but talking about the cases and things that should not be welded... In Esab we trust.

Repositioning the tie rod end gave a quick err turning or better yet it changed the ratio of which the wheels turn on a front wheel drive with a 100% differential. :mrgreen:

IMG20230325164420.jpg

IMG20230325164603.jpg

-juhana
Nice, I just use low hydrogen for such things, mig in fact, this reminded me I've got a left right drag link conversion to weld up.

We used to cut and shut stub axles for the drop snout cup cars until they got a forged one in production.
Ignorance leads to confidence more often than knowledge does.
Nah, I'm not leaving myself out of the ignorant brigade....at times.