Mission Impossible 318ci 318HP

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

juuhanaa
HotPass
HotPass

Re: Mission Impossible 318ci 318HP

Post by juuhanaa »

That doggone divider has already been cut down, but how can we know or get a hint if the robbing action is excessive?

-juhana
A balanced person dares to stagger, and modify ports bigger
patrickonb

Post by patrickonb »

I just don't get it! Going through all of this work, but won't opt for at least a factory 4 barrel manifold and carb? SMH. It's just painful! :cry:
Tuner
Guru
Guru

Post by Tuner »

juuhanaa wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:13 am That doggone divider has already been cut down, but how can we know or get a hint if the robbing action is excessive?

-juhana
That stock intake has a common plenum, the bores below the carb flange are only about 1/2" long below the gasket surface.

Tuner
Guru
Guru

Post by Tuner »

patrickonb wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:26 am I just don't get it! Going through all of this work, but won't opt for at least a factory 4 barrel manifold and carb? SMH. It's just painful! :cry:
Why ask why? Just because they can. Keep your Debbie Downer schlepping in your own lane. Most would cheer for a stock class racer who has to use that intake and carb and gets national record setting power from it.
Stan Weiss
Vendor

Post by Stan Weiss »

JMO
Charlie is seeing lets say 205 - 210 cfm without the carb @ 28" water. I believe the carb DV modified is flowing well above that @ 28" water. So the engine seeing 5.5- 6" Hg @ WOT peak HP RPM will have enough flow for 318 ci 318 HP. Remember 2 barrels are rate @ 3" Hg from the factory.

Stan
Stan Weiss/World Wide Enterprises
Offering Performance Software Since 1987
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/carfor.htm
David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
patrickonb

Post by patrickonb »

Tuner wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:54 am
patrickonb wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:26 am I just don't get it! Going through all of this work, but won't opt for at least a factory 4 barrel manifold and carb? SMH. It's just painful! :cry:
Why ask why? Just because they can. Keep your Debbie Downer schlepping in your own lane. Most would cheer for a stock class racer who has to use that intake and carb and gets national record setting power from it.
Wow! Take some downers and relax pal, I'll ask why all I f'ing feel like!! Welcome to America, where we have freedom to ask questions!
Tuner
Guru
Guru

Post by Tuner »

patrickonb wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:04 am
Wow! Take some downers and relax pal, I'll ask why all I f'ing feel like!! Welcome to America, where we have freedom to ask questions!
You didn't "ask why", you criticized them negatively for not doing it your way. You can take all the downers you want. If you didn't take so many you might not have such a negative attitude about somebody else's project.
Last edited by Tuner on Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
juuhanaa
HotPass
HotPass

Post by juuhanaa »

All in all, a good project that seems to make people think and do stupid things for a good cause

:lol: I just google Debbie Downer. I like it, kinda hot.

-juhana
patrickonb

Post by patrickonb »

Tuner wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:14 am
patrickonb wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:04 am

You didn't "ask why", you criticized them negatively for not doing it your way. You can take all the downers you want. If you didn't take so many you might not have such a negative attitude about somebody else's project.
I simply stated I didn't understand why they wouldn't use a 4 barrel setup, that's not criticizing anything, but hey, if it floats your boat, enjoy!
Stan Weiss
Vendor

Post by Stan Weiss »

What challenge is there in trying to made 1 HP per ci with a 4 barrel carb? The OEM auto manufactures did that over 60 years ago.

Stan
Stan Weiss/World Wide Enterprises
Offering Performance Software Since 1987
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/carfor.htm
David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
patrickonb

Post by patrickonb »

Stan Weiss wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:22 am
What challenge is there in trying to made 1 HP per ci with a 4 barrel carb? The OEM auto manufactures did that over 60 years ago.

Stan
I guess there is no challenge.
I guess I totally misunderstood what David Vizard was trying to accomplish with this setup. But who cares, it's got nothing to do with me.
Carry on, enjoy.
mt-engines
Expert
Expert

Post by mt-engines »

Just throw it on Terry Walter's dyno. Should make 450hp easy.
patrickonb

Post by patrickonb »

I apologize for hurting anyone's feelings, that was not my intentions.
I apologize for the afterward attitude.
I will keep my opinions to myself from now on.

I'm sorry.
Patrick
Elroy
Pro
Pro

Post by Elroy »

mt-engines wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:41 am Just throw it on Terry Walter's dyno. Should make 450hp easy.
Its already been on a flowbench, isn't that the same as a dyno? :D
juuhanaa
HotPass
HotPass

Post by juuhanaa »

Elroy wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:05 am
mt-engines wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:41 am Just throw it on Terry Walter's dyno. Should make 450hp easy.
Its already been on a flowbench, isn't that the same as a dyno? :D
Not really, because on a dyno we can atleast let it idle. :mrgreen: \:D/

-juhana