Mission Impossible 318ci 318HP

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Stan Weiss
Vendor

Re: Mission Impossible 318ci 318HP

Post by Stan Weiss »

rebelrouser wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:47 am For what it is worth I watch your Youtube videos, good job. I don't understand how it works but the algorithm that pops videos on my TV is skewed, to bring up stuff like Uncle Tony's. One of your videos will pop up every now and then, but the stupid Uncle Tony's stuff pops up every time I watch the TV. Yes, I can go into search and find whatever I want, but I am just lazy sometimes. If you want more views figure out why they put your videos on the bottom of the algorithm list. I have other interests like sailing, and it is the same shit.
I think in someways it is very easy to understand. More subscribes and more views per video gets Uncle Tony a higher rating. Also if videos are like web sites, the more it is linked to also helps you get a higher rating.

Stan
Stan Weiss/World Wide Enterprises
Offering Performance Software Since 1987
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/carfor.htm
David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
Bill Chase
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Bill Chase »

PackardV8 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:34 pm
Tuner wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:54 amWhy ask why? Just because they can.
None of this makes any sense. No rational person would waste time and money and a lifetime at it, but here we are.

Obsolete engine power is the most expensive kind. I have a friend who for forty years has built stock-class-race-winning Ford Model T engines. Why, when each additional T-horsepower is 10X as difficult and cost 10X as much as each ten additional SBC horsepower? Because that's what he likes to do.
Touche' when I mention anything car related to coworkers, and most family/friends they look at me as if I'm insane for doing anything but minimal maintenance on my cars, to most a car is a commodity, like a toaster, microwave. We do it because we love it. As you quite eloquently said.. "None of this makes any sense. No rational person would waste time and money and a lifetime at it, but here we are."
HQM383
HotPass
HotPass

Post by HQM383 »

Bill Chase wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:45 am “No rational person would waste time and money and a lifetime at it, but here we are."
To the white collars that think minimum maintenance is all thats rational on a car, I feel the same about golf.
Tom68
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Tom68 »

HQM383 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:40 pm
Bill Chase wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:45 am “No rational person would waste time and money and a lifetime at it, but here we are."
To the white collars that think minimum maintenance is all thats rational on a car, I feel the same about golf.
I don't get why I partake with cars, it makes no sense even to me.

Me at 13 or 14 with number 68 late 70s Ballarat.

VW12002.jpg

68 came from Dad. He spent more years as Vic 1, hence the bodgy numbering.

68 rebuild..JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ignorance leads to confidence more often than knowledge does.
Nah, I'm not leaving myself out of the ignorant brigade....at times.
arlancam509

Post by arlancam509 »

Tom68 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:23 am

That is exactly what I think all of the time. Engines and me - great relationship. Engines, me, and the rest of the world - pure grief, frustration, sadness, despair, hatred....

A co-worker says to me, "I hit a golf ball 300 yards yesterday!"

Me: "That's great. You are really killing it. Here is what I did yesterday. I checked my piston height at top dead center to see how far above or below the deck I was -"

Co-worker: "That's stupid. You should just buy a new car and get rid of that junk."

So what I end up doing is just spending all of my free time looking at speedtalk. I am afraid to post here because ... well, let's just ignore that for now. Most people look up to baseball players, basketball players, actors, etc, I look up to the people posting on speedtalk. If you are reading this, you are my hero. I look up to you. I know this sounds silly, but I am serious.
° alt+0176 °
WeingartnerRacing
Expert
Expert

Post by WeingartnerRacing »

arlancam509 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:34 am

That is exactly what I think all of the time. Engines and me - great relationship. Engines, me, and the rest of the world - pure grief, frustration, sadness, despair, hatred....

Me: "That's great. You are really killing it. Here is what I did yesterday. I checked my piston height at top dead center to see how far above or below the deck I was -"

Co-worker: "That's stupid. You should just buy a new car and get rid of that junk."

So what I end up doing is just spending all of my free time looking at speedtalk. I am afraid to post here because ... well, let's just ignore that for now. Most people look up to baseball players, basketball players, actors, etc, I look up to the people posting on speedtalk. If you are reading this, you are my hero. I look up to you. I know this sounds silly, but I am serious.
Golf is just fetch for humans. If you can still do it at 90 is it really an athletic sport.
Eric Weingartner
Weingartner Racing LLC
918-520-3480
www.wengines.com
juuhanaa
HotPass
HotPass

Post by juuhanaa »

I once made a silent protest and drove the race organizers sticker the wrong way around during a practice lap, because i felt the pre-scrutineering wasnt fair. They said i better fix it or im not welcome.. The track dried out before the race laps and i drove the car like it was stolen lol. :lol: I dont go from victory to victory, so i like to think that my father smiled on me that day.

Practice round, part 0:24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHM6m1g4ur4

First round, same corner part 1:25

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EITOqIoqcK4

-juhana
A balanced person dares to stagger, and modify ports bigger
Tom68
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Tom68 »

Cam should do it with a 4 barrel, I think it will need more filling time with that BBD 2 barrel. Also think it should have more exhaust timing.
But I'd be guessing. Whilst I'm guessing, :D I'd also go for a wider LSA. :wink:

107 to 108 LSA 276 276 @ 006, 223 223 @ 50, 471 valve lift. Installed around 103.5.

https://youtu.be/YN8T9HT8BIQ
Bigchief632
Pro
Pro

Post by Bigchief632 »

WeingartnerRacing wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:54 am
arlancam509 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:34 am

Golf is just fetch for humans. If you can still do it at 90 is it really an athletic sport.
Golf at the Pro or semi pro level is an "athletic" sport. When they walk 18 holes and golf 2 rounds a day, and all the training to do it at that level before game day, it takes someone pretty athletic. What about poker? They call that a sport too. It can be mentally draining, and sitting there for 12-14 hours takes more stamina than you would think, but, it's not athletic. The proof is you could beat the top pro in the world at poker if a few things went your way, and you had some clue about the game, and it has happened countless times. You have ZERO chance to beat Tiger Woods playing golf, no matter how well things go your way if you were a reasonably "good" hobbyist golfer. Dang it, don't know why I keep bumping this stupid thread,lol. #-o
Maximum power using simple logic and common sense
bob460
Expert
Expert

Post by bob460 »

Bigchief632 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:11 pm
WeingartnerRacing wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:54 am Golf is just fetch for humans. If you can still do it at 90 is it really an athletic sport.
Golf at the Pro or semi pro level is an "athletic" sport. When they walk 18 holes and golf 2 rounds a day, and all the training to do it at that level before game day, it takes someone pretty athletic. What about poker? They call that a sport too. It can be mentally draining, and sitting there for 12-14 hours takes more stamina than you would think, but, it's not athletic. The proof is you could beat the top pro in the world at poker if a few things went your way, and you had some clue about the game, and it has happened countless times. You have ZERO chance to beat Tiger Woods playing golf, no matter how well things go your way if you were a reasonably "good" hobbyist golfer. Dang it, don't know why I keep bumping this stupid thread,lol. #-o
The way Tiger Woods has been going in the last 2 years, i think i really good hobbyist golfer could beat him.............his BEST has past him.

Hell, DV could beat him, he would would use his 128 rule off the tee....to out drive him :lol: :lol:
In-Tech
Vendor

Post by In-Tech »

bob460 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:20 pm
Bigchief632 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:11 pm

The way Tiger Woods has been going in the last 2 years, i think i really good hobbyist golfer could beat him.............his BEST has past him.

Hell, DV could beat him, he would would use his 128 rule off the tee....to out drive him :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I love to play basketball and golf, neither one am I any good at :mrgreen:
Heat is energy, energy is horsepower...but you gotta control the heat.
-Carl
juuhanaa
HotPass
HotPass

Post by juuhanaa »

Hey guess what the fixture is killing me and is ready to be molded.. will be another hit or miss, hopefully better.

Charlie did a texture depate videos and gave me an idea. Knurling... Well, lets not get too far on how to implement it in to the port, but heres an idea i was thinking. Little bit Mission Impossible spirit i think :D

Flow visualization videos are nice, but studying those on a wind tunnel is a perfect waste of time. Knur finish, grid finish or even a really fast checkered flag finish, enjoy :mrgreen:

IMG20230306163109.jpg

-juhana
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Post by Walter R. Malik »

Tom68 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:40 pm Cam should do it with a 4 barrel, I think it will need more filling time with that BBD 2 barrel. Also think it should have more exhaust timing.
But I'd be guessing. Whilst I'm guessing, :D I'd also go for a wider LSA. :wink:

107 to 108 LSA 276 276 @ 006, 223 223 @ 50, 471 valve lift. Installed around 103.5.

https://youtu.be/YN8T9HT8BIQ
Most people don't realize that a "Stocker" 318 2V has to have valve lifts of only .393" intake and .421" exhaust to be NHRA legal.

That is mainly why they needed larger duration lobes..
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.
juuhanaa
HotPass
HotPass

Post by juuhanaa »

Here we go again.. moment before port mold, trial and error, error and error :lol:
IMG20230306220628.jpg
IMG20230306223100.jpg

-juhana
Tom68
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Tom68 »

Yer... OK .... maybe stick with the BBD 2 barrel.
|
318 4 barrel.jpg
https://youtu.be/8Ph1Y5w8mrY