Mission Impossible 318ci 318HP

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Tom68
HotPass
HotPass

Re: Mission Impossible 318ci 318HP

Post by Tom68 »

mt-engines wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:25 pm How is this abortion not completed?
Uncle Tony's project originally. 318 rebuilt with massaged standard parts, try and get 1 for 1 with BBD carb hence Mission Impossible. Went to Vizard, Vizard said after the 2 barrel dyno runs lets chuck a 4 barrel on it and we'll have our 318HP.
Vizards mate Andy got involved and turned it into how much power can we get through a BBD modifying the Dog Shit out of parts from other late model motors like LS valves.
So they'll gain a couple of extra HP for a squillion hours of work. Uncle Tony bailed when that stuff started happening.

So now it's a soap opera.
Ignorance leads to confidence more often than knowledge does.
Nah, I'm not leaving myself out of the ignorant brigade....at times.
HQM383
HotPass
HotPass

Post by HQM383 »

Tom68 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:12 pm
And YouTube content very high on the priority list. Would appeal to those that had their glory days 40 years ago.
I’m a Street/Strip guy..... like to think outside the quadrilateral parallelogram.
Tom68
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Tom68 »

HQM383 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:24 pm

And YouTube content very high on the priority list. Would appeal to those that had their glory days 40 years ago.
Shit, that's almost me, just had John Sheppard on the phone updating me on the Craven Mild Monaro.
mt-engines
Expert
Expert

Post by mt-engines »

Walter R. Malik wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:05 pm

I see nothing of value here, just worthless youtube content.

All I see with this project, is an immense waste of time using a flowbench and no forward progress.

Just stick a 218@.050 cam in it already and bring it to the dyno.
I am just going to make a wild guess here and figure you have absolutely no interest in testng NHRA "stocker" required pieces for doing well in that venue ... LOL.

Really, only people using that NHRA combination would have very much interest at all.
There is a huge difference in this abortion.. and the NHRA stocker stuff I do.

NOBODY running stock eliminator or superstock would have interest in this crap..

Its not uncommon to have 8 carbs for testing, 6 intakes for a real NHRA SE deal. I had a qjet that was worth 17hp over 3tricked out ones. I never spent 1 minute on a flowbench on that kind of crap, the time isn't worth it. And yes I have done many s/ss combos over the years. And yes they all did very well. There is more et in the chassis of one of those cars than the engine..

I could make a post about a few SE 2bb 231v6 that got tore down all the time.. there wasn't anything very trick that a hobbiest couldn't do. But the IC, pinion angle, transmission drag, brakes, tires, wheel bearings, shocks .etc is where the detail comes in..
bob460
Expert
Expert

Post by bob460 »

Tom68 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:12 pm
Uncle Tony's project originally. 318 rebuilt with massaged standard parts, try and get 1 for 1 with BBD carb hence Mission Impossible. Went to Vizard, Vizard said after the 2 barrel dyno runs lets chuck a 4 barrel on it and we'll have our 318HP.
Vizards mate Andy got involved and turned it into how much power can we get through a BBD modifying the Dog Shit out of parts from other late model motors like LS valves.
So they'll gain a couple of extra HP for a squillion hours of work. Uncle Tony bailed when that stuff started happening.

Tom, it's the blind leading the blind in that deal..... #-o
vortecpro
Guru
Guru

Post by vortecpro »

Tom68 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:37 pm
vortecpro wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:35 am
I can tell you this although I realize this isn't a 350 Chevy, but a 2bbl 350 Camaro stocker has run 10.90s according to the owner, I've seen low 11s in legal NHRA stock trim, which show observed HP to be over 360 HP, these engines have about 220 CFM @ .400 lift @ 28 inches @ the intake port, although a larger Rochester 2bbl is used.
I wonder how much duration at 50 ?

Charles will have up around there in port flow I think.
Will it have 193 @ .300 lift? 256 @ .050 duration.
Racing a NA NHRA stocker should be mandatory before any posting.
Tom68
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Tom68 »

vortecpro wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:15 pm
Tom68 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:37 pm
vortecpro wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:35 am
I can tell you this although I realize this isn't a 350 Chevy, but a 2bbl 350 Camaro stocker has run 10.90s according to the owner, I've seen low 11s in legal NHRA stock trim, which show observed HP to be over 360 HP, these engines have about 220 CFM @ .400 lift @ 28 inches @ the intake port, although a larger Rochester 2bbl is used.
I wonder how much duration at 50 ?

Charles will have up around there in port flow I think.
Will it have 193 @ .300 lift? 256 @ .050 duration.
DV's reground stocker is 223 @ 50 107ish LSA
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Post by Walter R. Malik »

mt-engines wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:20 pm
Walter R. Malik wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:05 pm

I see nothing of value here, just worthless youtube content.

All I see with this project, is an immense waste of time using a flowbench and no forward progress.

Just stick a 218@.050 cam in it already and bring it to the dyno.
I am just going to make a wild guess here and figure you have absolutely no interest in testng NHRA "stocker" required pieces for doing well in that venue ... LOL.

Really, only people using that NHRA combination would have very much interest at all.
There is a huge difference in this abortion.. and the NHRA stocker stuff I do.

NOBODY running stock eliminator or superstock would have interest in this crap..

Its not uncommon to have 8 carbs for testing, 6 intakes for a real NHRA SE deal. I had a qjet that was worth 17hp over 3tricked out ones. I never spent 1 minute on a flowbench on that kind of crap, the time isn't worth it. And yes I have done many s/ss combos over the years. And yes they all did very well. There is more et in the chassis of one of those cars than the engine..

I could make a post about a few SE 2bb 231v6 that got tore down all the time.. there wasn't anything very trick that a hobbiest couldn't do. But the IC, pinion angle, transmission drag, brakes, tires, wheel bearings, shocks .etc is where the detail comes in..
CERTAINLY ... the "stocker" portion of this was finished a long time ago ... my post to you was Satirical but, you must not have read it that way.
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.