Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

miniv8
Expert
Expert

Hemi Hunter Race Team

Post by miniv8 »

I´m looking for any kind of contact info for any of the members of the Hemi Hunter Racing Team.

https://www.draglist.com/stories/SOD%20 ... 120101.htm
Magnús Aðalvíkingur Finnbjörnsson
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass
Re: Hemi Hunter Race Team

Post by Kevin Johnson »

I found a contact for you -- check your PMs.
Driving Force Online: BREAKING NEWS—Ohio Governor Signs SEMA-Supported Vehicle Freedom Bill Into Law!
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »

For others, I am not posting the current number for the machine shop that I found (I am sure he is super busy).

Here is a follow up from 2008 on their old web page...
https://web.archive.org/web/20081120183451/http://www.hemihunterracing.com/part6.shtml wrote: Where is everyone today? Today Karl Santa and his family run a machine shop called "Precision Machine" in Allentown, Pa. Yes, those mechanical skills started so long ago. His son Mike works at the shop. He didn't drift towards this car thing; he's a drummer and builds custom drum sets. They are the Top Fuel drum sets of the music world. If you need a drum set, you can do no better than right there.

Fred Wert and his family own and run a restaurant called Wert's Café in Allentown at 18th and Liberty streets. He still has a thing for cars and just finished a beautiful street rod. They also make the Top Fueler of burgers at the restaurant.

Tom Rose is running his own business also in Allentown, Pa. Its called Tom Rose Signs. If you need your racecar or truck lettered, here is the man to see. He will understand your needs for your passions. Watch out if he recommends a name for your vehicle; remember dad's name, "The Clock Teaser." He also painted some of the pictures in Big Daddy's Drag racing museum.

I'm glad to report that everyone is doing well. We are all living in the Allentown, Pa., area, except for Jim Johnson and Roger Toth. Jim is retired in South Florida, so he says. He is still involved with cars, and is starting a business selling cars over the Internet called Suncoast Dealer Services. He also sells a kit to convert Jaguar cars to change over to a Chevy power train. I wonder why?

Dale "The Wick" has gained a few pounds, and we would have to widen the old Hemi Hunter for him today. He was always super thin and lightweight, good for a driver in a car with an all-steel motor. The Hemi Hunter weighed in at 2,144 lbs., ready to race. That's heavy for a Top Fuel car of the '70s. We also liked the fact that Dale, with his 1970s long, curly, swept-back hairstyle, always looked like he was going 200 mph even when he was standing still. I see him from time to time, and there's that gleam in his eyes. I think if someone approached him, he would get back in the seat. Maybe a nostalgia car. You certainly could do no better.

Danny Rauch is still working on cars; he's the ultimate mechanic. His kids are starting to do a little racing themselves. They couldn't have a better teacher than good old Dad.

Wayne McCullough is running his body shop in Hellertown, Pa., just outside of Allentown, and has just sold a car he was drag racing over the years. Good grief, it was a door slammer. I think he's finally finished.

And me, Gary Peters, I'm working at Mack Trucks, the Top Fuelers of the trucking world.

Roger "The Foot" has not had contact with anyone lately. Maybe if some of us can drift back to the drags at Englishtown this spring, we might run into him. He lived just up the road from the Englishtown track, in Carteret, NJ.
Driving Force Online: BREAKING NEWS—Ohio Governor Signs SEMA-Supported Vehicle Freedom Bill Into Law!
dgeman79

Post by dgeman79 »

Dan rauch builds the quarter midget engines for my nephews car. R Motorworks in Allentown Pa.