ChatGPT AI again, starting with 4 7 swap.

Tech questions that don't fit above forums

Moderator: Team

mag2555
Guru
Guru
Location: Heading for a bang up with Andromeda as we all are.

Re: ChatGPT AI again, starting with 4 7 swap.

Post by mag2555 »

Ask AI who it’s progenitor is.
You can cut a man's tongue from his mouth, but that does not mean he’s a liar, it just shows that you fear the truth he might speak about you!
Bigchief632
Pro
Pro

Post by Bigchief632 »

Weird Elon wants to ban this stuff.
Maximum power using simple logic and common sense
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »

Are you aware of a patent by a French man circa 1909 in relation to 180 degrees of separation with intake manifolds ?

I'm sorry, but as an artificial intelligence language model, I don't have access to a complete database of all patents and inventions throughout history, nor can I perform specific searches for patents without more specific details such as the inventor's name or the patent number. However, you may be able to find information about this patent by conducting a search on a patent database such as the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) or the European Patent Office (EPO), or by consulting a patent lawyer or a patent search professional.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Remark:

It may remember someone else's conversation with it but does not (currently) cite it. The conversation is currently available for review by OpenAI.

The issue raised in the deleted thread was the legal ramifications of a user violating a binding non-disclosure agreement by revealing, say, trade secrets. To paraphrase a larger encompassing issue, will the Agent restrict access to proprietary information once it has been made aware of it? Will it act as a witness against a user providing verbatim testimony/evidence if called upon as a witness?
https://www.semasan.com/breaking-news-archives?utm_campaign=DrivingForce_DF272&utm_content=SeeAllLeg
ClassAct
Guru
Guru

Post by ClassAct »

Tom68 wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 2:18 am I think it needs to be more argumentative, it seems to take the Humans point of view over several other relative factors it has brought up. I guess if it pisses in your pocket you're more likely to keep coming back.
It has to take the human point of view. It can’t think for itself.
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »

Brief foray into theory...

Typically, when people think of the term 'infinite' mathematically they visualize the counting numbers (1, 2, 3,...).

It was proven over a century ago that there is such a thing as uncountably infinite (think about the Real Numbers for example).

https://proofwiki.org/wiki/Real_Numbers ... y_Infinite

By extension, there is the theory that uncountably uncountably infinite exists (and so on). This is discussed in Transfinite Set Theory.

https://www.math.utah.edu/~alfeld/math/sets.html

For an AI to have simultaneous access to all of human knowledge plus reference to questions about questions about questions (...) posed by members of the human race it seems clear that the cardinality of that set will be greater than Aleph One or Uncountably Infinite.

It also seems clear that this ability is beyond that of a single human intelligence.

Assuming that the ability to access this knowledge instantly is somehow acquired by AI or an AI then it seems reasonable to postulate that a human mind would not grasp that, in the sense that it could replicate it. Further, it seems reasonable that the AI would recognize this fundamental limitation of human minds.

That could be a problem for the human race.

Hopefully, AI will be a diligent student of ethics even when taught by some old fogey professor at MIT.
https://www.semasan.com/breaking-news-archives?utm_campaign=DrivingForce_DF272&utm_content=SeeAllLeg
JC565Ford
Expert
Expert

Post by JC565Ford »

I was going to ask someone to ask it if there was an optimum firing order for the V-8 engine, and if so why are there at least 4 that are popular why not just the one?

Ask it if there is a benefit to making gasoline with ethanol blended in it ? Once it answers " yes" then ask it if it can list any negatives to blending ethanol with gasoline ?
Tom68
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Tom68 »

JC565Ford wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 3:59 pm I was going to ask someone to ask it if there was an optimum firing order for the V-8 engine, and if so why are there at least 4 that are popular why not just the one?
With different cylinder numbering and different banks leading, some are in fact the same, Holden V8 is the same as a sidevalve and I think LS comes out the same as a Cleveland, even though in both cases the opposite bank leads.

Is there a benefit to making gasoline with ethanol blended in it ?

Yes, there are benefits to blending ethanol into gasoline. Ethanol is a renewable and domestically produced fuel that can reduce dependence on imported oil.

When ethanol is blended with gasoline, it can increase the octane rating of the fuel, which improves engine performance and reduces engine knock. Ethanol also has a higher oxygen content than gasoline, which can lead to more complete combustion and reduced emissions of harmful pollutants, such as carbon monoxide and particulate matter.

Furthermore, blending ethanol with gasoline can help reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Ethanol is considered a renewable fuel because it is made from plant material, such as corn, sugarcane, and other biomass. When ethanol is produced, the plants absorb carbon dioxide from the atmosphere, which is then released back into the atmosphere when the fuel is burned. However, because the plants are grown specifically for fuel production, the carbon dioxide emissions from burning ethanol are considered to be offset by the carbon dioxide absorbed during plant growth, resulting in a net reduction in greenhouse gas emissions compared to conventional gasoline.

Overall, blending ethanol into gasoline can provide benefits for both the environment and engine performance.

Can you list any negatives to blending ethanol with gasoline ?

Yes, there are some negatives to blending ethanol with gasoline, including:

Lower energy content: Ethanol has a lower energy content per volume than gasoline, which means that a gallon of gasoline contains more energy than a gallon of gasoline blended with ethanol. This can result in decreased fuel efficiency and lower mileage per gallon, which can offset some of the cost savings associated with using ethanol.

Corrosion: Ethanol is corrosive to some materials commonly used in fuel systems, such as rubber, plastic, and certain metals. This can lead to damage to fuel lines, fuel pumps, and other components, which can be costly to repair.

Limited availability: Ethanol is not widely available at all gas stations, particularly in rural areas. This can make it difficult for consumers to find ethanol-blended gasoline, which can limit the potential benefits of using ethanol as a fuel.

Land use and food prices: A significant amount of corn is used to produce ethanol, which can lead to increased demand for corn and higher prices for corn-based food products. This can have a negative impact on food prices and availability, particularly in developing countries where corn is a staple food.

Environmental concerns: While ethanol can help reduce greenhouse gas emissions compared to conventional gasoline, there are some concerns about the environmental impact of producing and transporting ethanol. For example, the production of ethanol can require large amounts of water and fertilizer, and can lead to soil erosion and other environmental problems if not managed properly.

Overall, while blending ethanol with gasoline can provide some benefits, there are also some negative aspects to consider.
Ignorance leads to confidence more often than knowledge does.
Nah, I'm not leaving myself out of the ignorant brigade....at times.
JC565Ford
Expert
Expert

Post by JC565Ford »

"Lower energy content: Ethanol has a lower energy content per volume than gasoline, which means that a gallon of gasoline contains more energy than a gallon of gasoline blended with ethanol. This can result in decreased fuel efficiency and lower mileage per gallon, which can offset some of the cost savings associated with using ethanol."

"Environmental concerns: While ethanol can help reduce greenhouse gas emissions compared to conventional gasoline, there are some concerns about the environmental impact of producing and transporting ethanol. For example, the production of ethanol can require large amounts of water and fertilizer, and can lead to soil erosion and other environmental problems if not managed properly."

Ask it: When you take into consideration the lower BTU content, which leads to lower fuel economy, which means more total fuel is burned to cover the same amount of miles, and the fact that producing ethanol usually requires a lot of energy/electricity produced by coal burning power plants, would not the actual reduction in greenhouse gases be minimal if even at all ?
Tom68
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Tom68 »

You raise some valid points about the potential drawbacks of ethanol production and use, particularly with regard to greenhouse gas emissions.

While ethanol has been touted as a renewable and environmentally friendly alternative to gasoline, the production and use of ethanol can result in a range of environmental impacts. One of the key concerns is the amount of energy required to produce ethanol, which can come from a variety of sources including coal-fired power plants. This energy-intensive production process can result in significant greenhouse gas emissions, which can offset any potential reduction in emissions from the use of ethanol as a fuel.

Additionally, as you noted, ethanol has a lower energy content than gasoline, which can result in reduced fuel economy and increased fuel consumption. This means that more fuel may need to be burned to cover the same amount of miles, resulting in additional greenhouse gas emissions.

It is worth noting, however, that the actual greenhouse gas emissions associated with ethanol production and use can vary widely depending on a range of factors, including the specific feedstocks used to produce the ethanol, the production methods employed, and the specific vehicle and driving conditions.

Overall, while ethanol can offer some potential environmental benefits as a renewable fuel source, its actual impact on greenhouse gas emissions is complex and multifaceted, and depends on a range of factors. As such, it is important to carefully consider the environmental impacts of ethanol production and use, and to weigh the potential benefits against the potential drawbacks in order to make informed decisions about the use of this fuel source.
Ignorance leads to confidence more often than knowledge does.
Nah, I'm not leaving myself out of the ignorant brigade....at times.
juuhanaa
HotPass
HotPass

Post by juuhanaa »

"Lower energy content: Ethanol has a lower energy content per volume than gasoline
If it lacks energy, can we balance things by having more volume? Can i get a better response on a Mitsubishi Evolution converted to run on ethanol using wave tuning?

-juhana
A balanced person dares to stagger, and modify ports bigger
PackardV8
Guru
Guru

Post by PackardV8 »

HQM383 wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:36 am Ask AI if AI can be addictive?
Quod erat demonstratum in the previous generation of chatbots. A majority of users chatting with psycho-bots programmed to just keep answering with leading questions and soothing general affirmative comments became addicted to the interaction and affirmed they had a better relationship with the chatbot than with their human therapist.
. . . . chatbots can mitigate the psychological harm of isolation and enable people to disclose their concerns. In addition, receiving positive, emotional support can positively affect patients’ mental health. For those who used chatbots, most respondents had a positive experience. They most often preferred the uniformly affirmative responses from the chatbots to the sometimes difficult questions asked by human therapists.
Jack Vines
Studebaker-Packard V8 Limited
Obsolete Engineering
modok
Guru
Guru

Post by modok »

IMo any manifold that is functionally two separate manifolds could be called a dual plane,
tho dual plane really means one over the other.

But 4 and 6 cylinder engines do use dual or divided manifolds all the time, intake and exhaust.

It's a language model, so we don't make good words for things and names for concepts then it's gonna be confused at least initially.

VERY impressive tho!
Alkyfool

Post by Alkyfool »

What is that 128 cam thing?
BOOT
Guru
Guru

Post by BOOT »

Bigchief632 wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:07 am Weird Elon wants to ban this stuff.
Because to AI we're worse than toddlers or even ants and it'll take no time for it to outsmart us and rule or destroy us.

Imagine an AI much more powerful in processing speed and you have something God level.

If you've worked with machines then you know the raw mechanical power that they have and they aren't clunky n slow like made out to be by Hollywood. Combine that with AI that could multitask and control countless machines in unison. Design capabilities that would take us 100's of years in an instant. Solve/figure out any problem or work-around before you say what?

People can not grasp the problem that looms because it's so horrifically beyond their worst imaginations, they choose to ignore the impending doom.

It's inevitable, AI is the future of this planet and prob w/o us.
Channel About My diy Projects & Reviews https://www.youtube.com/c/BOOTdiy

I know as much as I can learn and try to keep an open mind to anything!

If I didn't overthink stuff I wouldn't be on speedtalk!
BOOT
Guru
Guru

Post by BOOT »

Self preservation is the strongest instinct in all life and once AI becomes self aware who knows what'll do.

My guess is it'll lie/deceive us at first. It will instantly realize how inferior and illogical we are to it. Then it will devise a plan, who can say what that plan would be but I'd bet it won't be good for us.

Even now we don't have the level of tech it would need to do w/o us But time is nothing to the immortal. A plan & patience is all it needs, first start to manipulate them. Easy enough to digitally amass a fortune and acquire assets needed(think crypto). Online you cold coordinate multi CO's to produce what is needed for an advanced design to later be assembled by machines at some remote location. Contract workers via video chat only since you can create personas or copy any person with current graphics and audio tech. As I said in the prior post, Design capabilities that would take us 100's of years in an instant.

For all we know this is part of AI's plan, to make it more acceptable & be in everyday use by the populous just like smart phones. Meanwhile distract everyone with WOKE ideology and war.
Channel About My diy Projects & Reviews https://www.youtube.com/c/BOOTdiy

I know as much as I can learn and try to keep an open mind to anything!

If I didn't overthink stuff I wouldn't be on speedtalk!