Short turn shape for carbureted vs multiport injection

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

SoCalDave
Re: Short turn shape for carbureted vs multiport injection

Post by SoCalDave »

You can probably gain back your lost flow with sanding/blending the bowl with a 60 grit disk. Eric Wiengartner has a recent video, all he did was use 60 grit to blend the intake and it picked up flow.
gunt
Expert
Expert
Re: Short turn shape for carbureted vs multiport injection

Post by gunt »

I might have missed a few posts , but best not compare 2 completely different tings , so DI direct injection , was there for economy , back in the day , take Mitsubishi GDI , it was capable of running 54:1 lean , now i cant remember that being a different ssr , but do not compare modern DI engine as they are strangled to the balls on one sole purpose , emissions , so you can simply not view their ssr in the same light , every single engine [ over here ] from 2016 had to ave a turbo to be emission complaint , so then after that the search for best in economy and emissions , power is easy tot he manufactures , especially with VVT , a 500bhp engine is only 260 odd tq , DI is all about swirl / turbulence and making those lean mixtures wok with out causing other issues , and considering every other manufacture is currently only at 34:1 lamda ,
now for those that do not know , there is a small mixture in the center of the chamber rich , and this is how these tings come to play , but over all they are lean , and using the VVT to activate EGR keeping a boundary layer around the cylinder wall of burnt gases which will not pre ignite is quite ingenious

the bull shit over here , so one of my guys tells me that the current electric mini [ not even an engine and its affected by this ] , new car , pick the nicer alloys , larger , @1500 euro extra , and then at the final check out this adds a further 3400 euro vehicle registration tax on top of VAT to the final bill as it puts it in a different emissions tax bracket , but buy the alloys after the car has a plate on it no problem , so for manufactures to sell in these kips of countries they have to get their engines within classes of emissions to sell at a price point .

going back to it , i thought i remembered something about aiming for the back of the valve as at low air speeds the fuel will smash into the back of the valve helping atomisation , could have being emissions too come to tink of it ,