AFR guideplates

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

bobmc

AFR guideplates

Post by bobmc »

does anyone know the thickness of their SBC adjustable plate? .090" ? more ?
BOOT
Guru
Guru

Re: AFR guideplates

Post by BOOT »

Why?

Most guideplates are bout the same thickness. If you just need spacers I've used headbolt washers.
Channel About My diy Projects & Reviews https://www.youtube.com/c/BOOTdiy

I know as much as I can learn and try to keep an open mind to anything!

If I didn't overthink stuff I wouldn't be on speedtalk!
Bill Chase
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Bill Chase »

I've got a set that came with their #1040 195 street eliminators. Give me a few to get home. I can get a measurement for you. As a sidenote I used shaft rockers, so have them new unused probably save a few bucks buying through me. Opened, used for mockup, then went with shafts. Never fired engine with the guide plates bolted on. Went right back in the bag, also have the 3/8 studs that came with the heads. Purchased late 2019.
bobmc

Post by bobmc »

I wanted to order studs, plates, and rockers over the holiday, these no name chinese heads take about .670" thread depth before intruding into the port enough to make me consider cutting some off
Bill Chase
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Bill Chase »

bobmc wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 6:16 pm I wanted to order studs, plates, and rockers over the holiday, these no name chinese heads take about .670" thread depth before intruding into the port enough to make me consider cutting some off
.130" to .132" thick, as mentioned I do have the complete set with 3/8" studs. Still in afr yellow packing envelope. Used only for mockup. Figured some day I'd use them on a set of 906 vortecs I have. But if you can use them, I'll let them go for significantly less than current retail price. Pm me if you want them, I'll get pictures of them. I do PayPal goods and services, no games you will get what you pay for.