Questions about David Vizard 128 Rule and Dyno Tests

Moderator: David Vizard

skinny z
HotPass
HotPass

Re: Questions about David Vizard 128 Rule and Dyno Tests

Post by skinny z »

Further to your point HMQ, I sent my vehicle specs off to a cam designer. One of the specs was application. Street/strip rose to the top so I ran with it.
Then, going back to the same designer, the application was modified to drag race only. A new cam emerged from that conversation.
LSA changed too.
Just as one would expect.
Kevin
HQM383
HotPass
HotPass

Post by HQM383 »

skinny z wrote:
> Further to your point HQM, I sent my vehicle specs off to a cam designer.
> One of the specs was application. Street/strip rose to the top so I ran
> with it.
> Then, going back to the same designer, the application was modified to drag
> race only. A new cam emerged from that conversation.
> LSA changed too.
> Just as one would expect.

Without the OP being able to participate I won't go any further discussing 128. My point for the OP has been made anyway thanks to your disclosure above.

Guys at both ours and the OP's level in this day and age are better served putting cam selection in the hands of someone like you did (we all know who he is and to what level of motorsport teams he has designed cams for so plenty of credibility there) or if guys at our level want to play a hand in the cam choice in this technological age get an easy to use simulation software and play around with that. I guarantee more will be learned about the internal combustion engine than just picking a cam if that route is taken. Come up with around three different profiles that could potentially serve the end use and then discuss the viability of each of those with a reputable cam guy. If none of those hit the mark then there is another learning curve.
I’m a Street/Strip guy..... like to think outside the quadrilateral parallelogram.
skinny z
HotPass
HotPass

Post by skinny z »

If the OP is still kicking around and he wants a better insight into DV's line of thinking, then a investigation into Torque Master would be enlightening.
Just had a look over at DV/Stan Weiss website and the 90 day trial/$15 USD is available. If the OP is interested, It's well worth a look if more information is what you're after. If nothing else it'll bring the 128 philosophy into plain view and then the decision on it's viability is yours to make.

http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV/
Kevin