SBF ISKY offset solid lifters; part number!

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Caprimaniac
Guru
Guru

SBF ISKY offset solid lifters; part number!

Post by Caprimaniac »

Ho, Ho Ho.... No, Santa don't have anything for me this year, so I'll have to come up with some laternative solutions. Have been waiting since september for a set of Morel lifters, but delivery is not even comfirmed yet.

This is for stock lifter bores in a 302 Ford- block. I need the intakes offset for Vicor heads.

ISKY 3972YATES180 is said to have 0.180 offset "left"...... Is this the part number I should get?

Happy holidays to you all
Thanks
RS
How to turn GURU in an instant.....
mxzman

Re: SBF ISKY offset solid lifters; part number!

Post by mxzman »

Have you looked at BAM lifters? I have a set of them with offset intake lifters for my SBF. I bought mine from Vincent Performance as i dont think they sell direct. Sorry i dont have part number handy
Caprimaniac
Guru
Guru

Post by Caprimaniac »

Thank you. I have written off the BAM lifters as their body dia is less than 0.874". I do not have data on the ISKY lifters, so it's bit of a gamble.....
Caprimaniac
Guru
Guru

Post by Caprimaniac »

HI! I had no luck getting feedback from Isky by mail or on their Facebook- page....
If anyone has any information on my question, I appreciate it...

BTW: Might be easier to answer. Speaking of a lifter- what does right or left offset imply? I mean; it all depends if you see the lifters from the centre off a V- engine, or from one off the sides.
It'd be easier if they stated inlet or exhaust offset.... IDK; both Isky and Comp say thr Yates lifters have RIGHT offset. I need intakes offset.

Additionally, I'd like to ask: Any Ford performance- parts dealer that might have any offset lifters in stock? I've been talking to Vincent. Anyone else I should contact?
Caprimaniac
Guru
Guru

Post by Caprimaniac »

Figured the left/ right- matter. Look at the lifter with link bar away from you. Comp catalogue...

Makes right intaker for Fords, so the "Yates" lifters for SBF should be the correct part for what I'm doing. As far as I understand.
mag2555
Guru
Guru
Location: Heading for a bang up with Andromeda as we all are.

Post by mag2555 »

Keep in mind that with stud mounted rockers a racing spring pressures that once you get to more then a .150” offset your going to experience much higher rates of ware without shaft mounted rockers.

Keep a eye out for that
You can cut a man's tongue from his mouth, but that does not mean he’s a liar, it just shows that you fear the truth he might speak about you!
Caprimaniac
Guru
Guru

Post by Caprimaniac »

Hi. I stopped using stud- mounted rockers 10 years ago. Yes, I’m aware of the offset lifter dilemma. However, with 50? 1/4- mile races a year, I do not expect it to cause any trouble, even in an aluminum block.
I already tried centered lifters. Tore my rockers off their bearings…
mxzman

Post by mxzman »

If you order the Yates style lifters from comp make sure to ask them how the oil holes in the lifter body are oriented. I had a set of the Comp yates off set intake seat style lifters in my engine (i do not remember part number) that had oil holes in lifters inline with oil passage in the block. This greatly reduced oil pressure at idle and filled my valve covers with oil until engine with was completely warmed up. ie: pumping too much oil to top end for my purposes. example i had 10psi at idle with comp yates lifters hot. switched to Bam with oil holes drilled not inline with oil passage and now have 40psi hot. This may not matter to you but giving my experiance
Caprimaniac
Guru
Guru

Post by Caprimaniac »

Thank you. I have heard about instances like you describe earlier, but Chevy.

Anyway I didn’t order Comp. I felt what they had to offer was a bit down from others. As I understand, their ‘Elite’ - lifters are no longer available?
Abandoned Morel and Isky, too, snd went to someone who’s never let me down- Jesel.