Anyone been able to reach Isky Cams lately?

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Mummert
Expert
Expert

Anyone been able to reach Isky Cams lately?

Post by Mummert »

Been trying to pick up some parts. I know Ron passed, but I hope we can still get parts.
Mummert Machine and Development 4 stroke hp
Mummert Y-blocks
PackardV8
Guru
Guru

Re: Anyone been able to reach Isky Cams lately?

Post by PackardV8 »

Ron Iskenderian, the son of industry icon Ed Iskendarian and the former vice president of Isky Racing Cams, has passed away at the age of 75. He was the eldest son of Ed and Alice Iskendarian.

"Ron passed away on January 28 from complications of a stroke. He will be sorely missed by all of us," said a company release.
Jack Vines
Studebaker-Packard V8 Limited
Obsolete Engineering
swampbuggy
Guru
Guru

Post by swampbuggy »

Thoughts and Prayers to Ron's wife and the rest of the Iskenderian family . Ron was a super nice person to call and talk with and was always there for you . Ron seemed to me to be very educated / wise on what ever you presented to him . We were personal friends and i will miss him. RIP Ron .
Mark H.
Geoff2
Guru
Guru

Post by Geoff2 »

Was it Ed or Ron or both that passed recently?
Mummert
Expert
Expert

Post by Mummert »

Ron I believe. I reached them, turns out calling on lunch break wasn't the best call. They are closed from 12:30-1:30
Mummert Machine and Development 4 stroke hp
Mummert Y-blocks
PackardV8
Guru
Guru

Post by PackardV8 »

I asked my friend Alan to swing by there. The front door is locked and no one was visible inside. The side gate and door from which product is shipped was open, but he didn't want to go in that way.
Jack Vines
Obsolete Engineering
Tobias Aldrete

Post by Tobias Aldrete »

I was just there picking up some Tool Room Springs. The front door has been locked for 2-3 years only the shipping hate is open. Call and ask for Rod, very helpful and knowledgeable but they only have two guys there taking care of customers. I text Rod but not everyone has acces to the Batphone.
JC565Ford
Expert
Expert

Post by JC565Ford »

^ ... I just called today (after lunch) and placed an order for Tool Room springs. They'll be shipped today. And I talked with Rod.

My last set lost 5lbs on the seat, and 10 lbs over the nose after 11 years. Love those PSI springs. They are well worth the $$$
Caprimaniac
Guru
Guru

Post by Caprimaniac »

Hi. I’ve contaded them by email and on their facebook-page 3 times for about 6 and 3 months ago, without any reply. Asked for help with a part number.

In the end I figure it out, but I still invested my cash in Jesel- parts instead.
How to turn GURU in an instant.....
hoffman900
HotPass
HotPass

Post by hoffman900 »

Caprimaniac wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:17 am Hi. I’ve contaded them by email and on their facebook-page 3 times for about 6 and 3 months ago, without any reply. Asked for help with a part number.

In the end I figure it out, but I still invested my cash in Jesel- parts instead.
Email and social media are probably the most unreliable ways to contact anyone. Did you try calling?
-Bob
Tobias Aldrete

Post by Tobias Aldrete »

hoffman900 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:07 am
Caprimaniac wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:17 am Hi. I’ve contaded them by email and on their facebook-page 3 times for about 6 and 3 months ago, without any reply. Asked for help with a part number.

Email and social media are probably the most unreliable ways to contact anyone. Did you try calling?
^ Correct, we would be out of business if we just focused on Social Media messages where people want free cam specs, head recommendations, horsepower estimates, etc. No free tax payer funded tech lines for small businesses.
EDC
Expert
Expert

Post by EDC »

Tobias Aldrete wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:36 pm
hoffman900 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:07 am

^ Correct, we would be out of business if we just focused on Social Media messages where people want free cam specs, head recommendations, horsepower estimates, etc. No free tax payer funded tech lines for small businesses.
You know me Toby, Email or nothing! The documentation it provides, avoids any miscommunication!

Besides, I have a huge "delete" button for those "ask"holes looking for free information.
"Quality" is like buying oats. You can pay a fair price for it and get some good quality oats,
or you can get it a hell of a lot cheaper, when it's already been through the horse.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Ed Curtis - www.FlowTechInduction.com
PackardV8
Guru
Guru

Post by PackardV8 »

Only slightly OT, but having an online presence in Studebaker and Packard V8 discussions and being listed as a vendor in club publications, I should have a separate phone number just for that. I get calls early mornings, late nights, weekends; all nice older guys who just have a question and don't notice what time it is. I'm not really in the parts business, but have helped out guys overseas who can't find this obsolete stuff over there. No good deed goes unpunished, so when they thank me publically on a forum, that precipitates more calls for help.

Bottom line, it's such a small niche, the calls and e-mails are manageable; can't imagine what Mike, et al, go through daily.
Jack Vines
Obsolete Engineering
Tobias Aldrete

Post by Tobias Aldrete »

PackardV8 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:30 pm Only slightly OT, but having an online presence in Studebaker and Packard V8 discussions and being listed as a vendor in club publications, I should have a separate phone number just for that. I get calls early mornings, late nights, weekends; all nice older guys who just have a question and don't notice what time it is. I'm not really in the parts business, but have helped out guys overseas who can't find this obsolete stuff over there. No good deed goes unpunished, so when they thank me publically on a forum, that precipitates more calls for help.

Bottom line, it's such a small niche, the calls and e-mails are manageable; can't imagine what Mike, et al, go through daily.

Completely understand what you are saying and I do enjoy helping people but trying to run a business when you have guys that think they should get free information can be frustrating. I will gladly help customer but people who try to pick your brain and get product i fo and part numbers so they can shop around are freeloaders. Ed keeps telling me to do emails but sometimes it’s better to just talk, handle it and get to work. Truth is, if the information we provide to end users is not valuable, then why do they want it?

Sorry to get off topic but Isky has great service, thing is this industry does not pay the bills in Commiefornia so small staff it is.
vortecpro
Guru
Guru

Post by vortecpro »

PackardV8 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:30 pm Only slightly OT, but having an online presence in Studebaker and Packard V8 discussions and being listed as a vendor in club publications, I should have a separate phone number just for that. I get calls early mornings, late nights, weekends; all nice older guys who just have a question and don't notice what time it is. I'm not really in the parts business, but have helped out guys overseas who can't find this obsolete stuff over there. No good deed goes unpunished, so when they thank me publically on a forum, that precipitates more calls for help.

When I contacted you through the forum about refacing my lifters you sent me a email instead of a phone number. Before I contacted you I felt very comfortable with you doing my job, I was and still very confident you could get my job done right. BUT I don't do business with people I can't call, just say I'am old school, but that's how I'am. I realize refacing lifters isn't a money maker, and maybe a hassle, my loss.
Racing a NA NHRA stocker should be mandatory before any posting.