Another reason not to buy Speedmaster shit

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Chris_Hamilton
Pro
Pro
Another reason not to buy Speedmaster shit

Post by Chris_Hamilton »

Speedmaster is a POS company. Summit Is verging on it as well, selling this shit.

High quality metal, body and paint work
http://www.spiuserforum.com/index.php?t ... inia.9030/
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Re: Another reason not to buy Speedmaster shit

Post by Walter R. Malik »

Chris_Hamilton wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:16 pm Speedmaster is a POS company. Summit Is verging on it as well, selling this shit.

There will always be people who COPY someone else's successful part but, to actually put the originator's name on it and try to pass it off as the real thing, is just "way over the line".

There needs to be some sort of major repercussions for this kind of act. Absolutely atrocious.
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.
289nate
Expert
Expert

Post by 289nate »

Who do you think they will call and tie up on the phone with questions? This is absolutely atrocious.
Tobias Aldrete

Post by Tobias Aldrete »

The problem is if you send something to China, they will copy it. Looks like Procrap forgot to mention that to the factory in China. You know your “Performance” company is shit when you have to change your name to fool the retards.
Chris_Hamilton
Pro
Pro

Post by Chris_Hamilton »

Tobias Aldrete wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:04 pm The problem is if you send something to China, they will copy it. Looks like Procrap forgot to mention that to the factory in China. You know your “Performance” company is shit when you have to change your name to fool the retards.
Guy in the video didn't send anything to China. His product is made in house in Texas (I think). China had shit to do with it.
High quality metal, body and paint work
http://www.spiuserforum.com/index.php?t ... inia.9030/
Tobias Aldrete

Post by Tobias Aldrete »

Chris_Hamilton wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:12 pm
Tobias Aldrete wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:04 pm The problem is if you send something to China, they will copy it. Looks like Procrap forgot to mention that to the factory in China. You know your “Performance” company is shit when you have to change your name to fool the retards.
Guy in the video didn't send anything to China. His product is made in house in Texas (I think). China had shit to do with it.
Not sure if you read it right, Procomp is the “Performance” shop with shitty parts, which is why years ago they changed their name to Speedmaster.

Saw a set of forged pistons somebody could not get to work, asked if I could check it out and I like to laugh so I said “why not”. Speedcrapper sold piston with the pin through oil ring but did not machine for a rail support.
tuffxf
Pro
Pro

Post by tuffxf »

Speedmaster is one of many, we all have a duty to ourselves not to buy this copied cheap garbage full stop.
None of it, no matter what.
There are brands pushed down here that are the same!
Schurkey
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Schurkey »

Obviously the US Customs needs a bitch-slap for allowing that counterfeit crap into the country.
PackardV8
Guru
Guru

Post by PackardV8 »

Schurkey wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:53 pm Obviously the US Customs needs a bitch-slap for allowing that counterfeit crap into the country.
Those who profit from that counterfeit crap are more numerous, larger and stronger than those who are harmed by it; ever thus.
Jack Vines
Studebaker-Packard V8 Limited
Obsolete Engineering
bob460
Expert
Expert

Post by bob460 »

As an Aussie i am ashamed of what this company doe's to small business owners and keeps doing.

By now people should know what this company doe's........so stupid is what stupid doe's........if you buy speedmaster it's on you.

Support small business like broader, because like he said he put's his heart and soul into building the parts, while speedmaster don't give a shit.

Just remember a poor man pay's twice.
EXCELLENCE AUTO

Post by EXCELLENCE AUTO »

This sucks.
These boys in Ft. Worth need to be able to retire over this crap. I hope they get a kick ass lawyer who sues the pants off of every person involved in this scandal.
The guy in the video said he knew somebody was copying his work, so hopefully they can go all the way back and start from that point.
steve cowan
Guru
Guru

Post by steve cowan »

bob460 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:22 pm As an Aussie i am ashamed of what this company doe's to small business owners and keeps doing.

By now people should know what this company doe's........so stupid is what stupid doe's........if you buy speedmaster it's on you.

Support small business like broader, because like he said he put's his heart and soul into building the parts, while speedmaster don't give a shit.

Just remember a poor man pay's twice.
Screenshot_20240414_103902_Chrome.jpg
Bob,
I agree with you 100%,I hate this procrap stuff as much as anyone but the average punter is going to buy from them because it's cheaper and in stock.
Go to Summit and they have zero stock,I had a Edelbrock intake manifold ordered for the last 14 months, every 3 months the date gets pushed so eventually I gave up.
Have a look at the screenshot I put up on the sales they claim.
I see even NHRA insider is sponsored by speedbastard.
I am certainly not endorsing them but I believe we are doomed,you can't buy anything here in Australia and the price has got out of control.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve c
"Pretty don't make power"
abc

Post by abc »

The next step in the shitty process is: If there is enough money in the product, the large corp. will copyright and patent the piece and truly put the little guy out of business.
tuffxf
Pro
Pro

Post by tuffxf »

We all need the balls to not buy this stuff, take hose and fittings in australia as an example, buy speed flow, australian made, nothing else,
Once you lose your own principles you have nothing,,
There are good moral options if you try.
mag2555
Guru
Guru
Location: Heading for a bang up with Andromeda as we all are.

Post by mag2555 »

All too many people ( consumers )
do not understand that China got on the higher technology band wagon by steeling it from the west.
The Chinese Tangshan factory was still making steam locomotives in 1989 for Gods sake, yes 1989!!

By then since it was a well dying technology in most other parts of the world they made near exact duplicates of RCA electron tube producing machines!
You can cut a man's tongue from his mouth, but that does not mean he’s a liar, it just shows that you fear the truth he might speak about you!